5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I need your input. Borla S-Type or ATAK

Which Borla exhaust?

• S-Type

Votes: 16 50.0%
  • ATAK

Votes: 16 50.0%

• Total voters

wacopolumbo

Reaction score
I have the S-type on my 2022 Rebel. Everyone in my family thinks it's WAY too loud. Personally, I love it, but it is loud, don't let anyone tell you different. The day I brought it home after the install, I had to run back out to get something from my office I had forgotten. I started it up and immediately got a text from my next door neighbor asking me what I had done to the truck, said it sounded awesome and that's how a Hemi is supposed to sound, lol!
It is loud. Drove 4.5 hours to NC this weekend. My wife didn’t say anything about it. I like the deep rumble. I’m happy I went the S-Type.

MrWeatherman

Reaction score
Just ordered the Borla ATAK w the RamAir Intake for my Ram on order. The truck should be here by the end of next month so we will see.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

naterizzle

Reaction score
Been debating which Borla to get on my new truck, leaning S-Type or Touring. I have S-Type on my Jeep SRT and love the sound. Not too loud when idling or cruising, but plenty of bark when you get on it. I’d be fine with the truck being quieter than the Jeep, but still want that killer tone. Decisions, decisions!

napster499

Reaction score
Same here debating whether to get the s-type or attack for my 23 1500 Longhorn. I have kids under 8 so kinda worried ATAK maybe too loud. Also neighbors are a concern too. I also don’t want to lose the luxury feel of the Longhorn drive. Thoughts ?

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
Same here debating whether to get the s-type or attack for my 23 1500 Longhorn. I have kids under 8 so kinda worried ATAK maybe too loud. Also neighbors are a concern too. I also don’t want to lose the luxury feel of the Longhorn drive. Thoughts ?
My kids like the sound of my past 2 ATAKs. It's very loud but tasteful. They call it a monster truck.
The S type is also very loud too, a little less then the ATAK but a different kind of tone.
Why are you concerned about neighbors? If you park in front of a wall or garage it will be even louder cold starts so I guess if you lice somewhere like that and work at like 4am it could bother them, but who cares it's your truck.

JRD

Reaction score
No one can know what you want.
Atak is way louder then s type.
Both sound great but I prefer the louder Atak.

I bought it used from someone who claimed they were pissing off their neighbors as he leaves for work at 4am in the morning.

They are both tasteful exhausts and are not just stupid loud noises, they have a great sound to it, not like a Civic ricer flying by in the middle of the night waking everyone up.
I had a civic ricer in the form of a mustang wake up my 7 month old yesterday. Car sounded like **** to boot, it’s not even like it had a nice growl to it.

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
I had a civic ricer in the form of a mustang wake up my 7 month old yesterday. Car sounded like **** to boot, it’s not even like it had a nice growl to it.
Probably someone who tried to get some random muffler and just weld it on.
Borla are catbacks and all sound like correct systems not some ricer junk

The S type does sound more closer to a ricer then the ATAK. Almost has like an echo tinny sound to it. The ATAK is just deep sounding.

JRD

Reaction score
Probably someone who tried to get some random muffler and just weld it on.
Borla are catbacks and all sound like correct systems not some ricer junk

The S type does sound more closer to a ricer then the ATAK. Almost has like an echo tinny sound to it. The ATAK is just deep sounding.
I’m between the S Type & Touring, everyone online says they’re all louder than you think but the touring seems a bit bland in all the videos I’ve seen. I’m kinda leaning towards the S Type also

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
I’m between the S Type & Touring, everyone online says they’re all louder than you think but the touring seems a bit bland in all the videos I’ve seen. I’m kinda leaning towards the S Type also
Aftermarket exhausts are always louder.
The touring is the most mild, I have never heard it in person.

JRD

Reaction score
Aftermarket exhausts are always louder.
The touring is the most mild, I have never heard it in person.

I’ve listened to that video, but when I hear the touring just seems like it’s missing that oomph lol

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
I’ve listened to that video, but when I hear the touring just seems like it’s missing that oomph lol
It most likely is. They market it as their least aggressive.
The camera on that video is right next to the exhaust so it's going to sound louder than in person too.

If you look for used deals you can get then pretty cheap and maybe even sell the one you buy if you aren't happy with it. I got my Atak for $600 and it was in mint condition except for crystallized rock salt which I sprayed off with a hose, not that the Borla would ever rust.

JRD

Reaction score
It most likely is. They market it as their least aggressive.
The camera on that video is right next to the exhaust so it's going to sound louder than in person too.

If you look for used deals you can get then pretty cheap and maybe even sell the one you buy if you aren't happy with it. I got my Atak for $600 and it was in mint condition except for crystallized rock salt which I sprayed off with a hose, not that the Borla would ever rust.
Did you get it off eBay or Marketplace

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
Did you get it off eBay or Marketplace
I bought it on these forums.
I would never ship an exhaust, too expensive to be worth it for the seller or buyer.
Facebook marketplace would be my next choice for something like that. There's when I sold my oem exhaust and tips.

napster499

Reaction score
My kids like the sound of my past 2 ATAKs. It's very loud but tasteful. They call it a monster truck.
The S type is also very loud too, a little less then the ATAK but a different kind of tone.
Why are you concerned about neighbors? If you park in front of a wall or garage it will be even louder cold starts so I guess if you lice somewhere like that and work at like 4am it could bother them, but who cares it's your truck.
Thanks for the input. I went with the S-Type, got delivered today, installing soon. Will post updates.

Users who are viewing this thread