5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I just gotta brag

Richard320

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
LA County, People's Republic of California
Great mileage.
Did a camping trip to Big Bear, so elevation and highway driving from San Diego but best I got was 17. Maybe it was the weight of the camping gear (just tent and small stuff, maybe 100 lbs).

doing a cross country trip this week so hopefully it will improve.

oh, using 89 octane (ethanol free) everything stock, 3.92, eTorque
Coming up on the 15 you were probably doing 80 just to stay in the pack, and we all know how much these trucks suffer at high speeds mileage-wise.

Richard320

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
LA County, People's Republic of California
Whatever anomaly is getting you that mileage, we all need to know what it is!!!!
Drive like an old man with nothing to prove. Set the cruise control. Stay to the right and let the rice rockets zip past. When you merge, let off and let the guy get ahead rather than gas it to get in front of him. Just because I have a hemi doesn't mean I have to show it off all the time. And drive half a mile ahead of where you are. If the light up ahead is red, get off the gas and coast up to it. Sort of like driving in icy conditions. No sudden moves.

I have an edge because 1) I am an old man and 2) I drove stick shifts for years and years and you try very hard to never come to a complete stop with a stick.

Hydroblueguy

Ram Guru
Reaction score

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/