5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I have now joined the “Sloppy Transmission” lunge forward club :(

StreetRossi

Reaction score
Hey Everyone,

Roughly 17,000 km on my truck. 2022 Ram 1500 Sport Night Edition Crew Cab 4X4. Rear Axle Ratio: 3.21. (Non-E-Torque).

When slowing down right before a complete stop say approaching a stop sign, stop light or another car. Periodically my RPM Drops to 250 very low then jumps to 1000+ RPM.

Almost feels like the truck is going to stall out then is lunging the truck forward with the brake pedal pressed all the way down. When it lunges it’s very aggressive and clunk type noise is coming from somewhere.

It doesn’t do this all the time and definitely seems to be happening more frequently as the weeks pass. The second scenario is sometimes the same thing happens when just letting my foot off the gas pedal while driving. Clunk and surge forward.

Truck just started doing this over the past few weeks out of nowhere. Went to speak with my local service manager today at the dealership I go to for oil changes.

He said unfortunately they are aware of some ZF transmission issues that are affecting some customers trucks. They have a process they need to take which is understandable in order to get FCA to cover jobs and go through the proper steps. I’m not looking to create issues or problems. Just want to truck to drive nice like it did for the first 15,000 km.

After showing him some of the videos on my phone, they are starting with replacing the Transmission Valve Body sometime next week when the part comes in. (If someone wants to direct messsge me or help me walk through the steps on how to upload videos of that will help people I will be glad to). I figured out how to upload pictures I believe just not videos. Not the best with that stuff.

If that doesn’t work or damage is already done then he said we”ll be speaking about a rental, leaving my truck and a full transmission replacement. Thank god for warranty but so disappointed. So far looks like the dealership is willing to help and we’re nice about everything. They have also done a few transmission replacements already over the past few years.

Truck drove like a dream the first 15,000 km. Never towed, never off-roaded. Just a fully loaded street truck that goes back and forth the work, errands and has been well looked after both inside and out. I’ll update this thread as the repairs and fixes start.

Attachments

• IMG_0977.jpeg
    IMG_0977.jpeg
    207 KB · Views: 14
  • IMG_1599.jpeg
    IMG_1599.jpeg
    152.1 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_1602.jpeg
    IMG_1602.jpeg
    103.8 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_1907.jpeg
    IMG_1907.jpeg
    156.7 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_1906.jpeg
    IMG_1906.jpeg
    138.5 KB · Views: 14
  • IMG_1912.jpeg
    IMG_1912.jpeg
    154 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_1920.jpeg
    IMG_1920.jpeg
    91.9 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_1911.jpeg
    IMG_1911.jpeg
    138 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_1905.jpeg
    IMG_1905.jpeg
    156.5 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_1902.jpeg
    IMG_1902.jpeg
    139.1 KB · Views: 10

kapinallinen2

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Hey Everyone,

Roughly 17,000 km on my truck. 2022 Ram 1500 Sport Night Edition Crew Cab 4X4. Rear Axle Ratio: 3.21. (Non-E-Torque).

When slowing down right before a complete stop say approaching a stop sign, stop light or another car. Periodically my RPM Drops to 250 very low then jumps to 1000+ RPM.

Almost feels like the truck is going to stall out then is lunging the truck forward with the brake pedal pressed all the way down. When it lunges it’s very aggressive and clunk type noise is coming from somewhere.

It doesn’t do this all the time and definitely seems to be happening more frequently as the weeks pass. The second scenario is sometimes the same thing happens when just letting my foot off the gas pedal while driving. Clunk and surge forward.

Truck just started doing this over the past few weeks out of nowhere. Went to speak with my local service manager today at the dealership I go to for oil changes.

He said unfortunately they are aware of some ZF transmission issues that are affecting some customers trucks. They have a process they need to take which is understandable in order to get FCA to cover jobs and go through the proper steps. I’m not looking to create issues or problems. Just want to truck to drive nice like it did for the first 15,000 km.

After showing him some of the videos on my phone, they are starting with replacing the Transmission Valve Body sometime next week when the part comes in. (If someone wants to direct messsge me or help me walk through the steps on how to upload videos of that will help people I will be glad to). I figured out how to upload pictures I believe just not videos. Not the best with that stuff.

If that doesn’t work or damage is already done then he said we”ll be speaking about a rental, leaving my truck and a full transmission replacement. Thank god for warranty but so disappointed. So far looks like the dealership is willing to help and we’re nice about everything. They have also done a few transmission replacements already over the past few years.

Truck drove like a dream the first 15,000 km. Never towed, never off-roaded. Just a fully loaded street truck that goes back and forth the work, errands and has been well looked after both inside and out. I’ll update this thread as the repairs and fixes start.
Sorry to hear about your truck acting up.
Can`t upload videos here, put them up on you tube and post a link to them.

Users who are viewing this thread