5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I found the truck...now I need some advice...

A4Owner

Reaction score
Finally...

'24 Ram 1500 Rebel with no pano sunroof, coil spring suspension, Night Package, the Alpine not HK stereo and the plain black interior. Price is right but I can tell from pictures and without even looking at the VIN that it has been sitting on the lot since Feb/March. Is it too late to get a truck like that rust proofed? I heard once you gotta rust proof from factory new. That just doesn't sound right to me. Next up is where do you guys stand on bras vs XPEL or other ceramic front end protection solutions? I personally like a bra but then I personally REALLY like the front end of these Rebels. Next is how handy do you have to be to DIY the exhaust manifold job when the bolts crack? Like on a scale of 1 to 10 is that job a 2 or more like an 8?
Only final question is oil changes and oil product. Is the prevailing view that Pennzoil Platinum Synthetic changed every 10,000Km on the dot makes the likelihood of lifter failure in these 5.7s zero?

vincentw56

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Finally...

'24 Ram 1500 Rebel with no pano sunroof, coil spring suspension, Night Package, the Alpine not HK stereo and the plain black interior. Price is right but I can tell from pictures and without even looking at the VIN that it has been sitting on the lot since Feb/March. Is it too late to get a truck like that rust proofed? I heard once you gotta rust proof from factory new. That just doesn't sound right to me. Next up is where do you guys stand on bras vs XPEL or other ceramic front end protection solutions? I personally like a bra but then I personally REALLY like the front end of these Rebels. Next is how handy do you have to be to DIY the exhaust manifold job when the bolts crack? Like on a scale of 1 to 10 is that job a 2 or more like an 8?
Only final question is oil changes and oil product. Is the prevailing view that Pennzoil Platinum Synthetic changed every 10,000Km on the dot makes the likelihood of lifter failure in these 5.7s zero?

You shouldn't have a single issue on rust proofing. Just go to a reputable place.

No bras. This isn't the 80s. Get the PPF. And ceramic on the paint.

I can't speak to the other 2 except I doubt one synth oil is better at that than others. I run Mobil1 and have for almost 30 years and my 1998 Dakota (bought new) was 17 years old and over 250,000 miles on it when I sold it. It ran Mobil1 from the first oil change with an extended oil change.

CSPCRX

Reaction score
I am a big fan of XPEL on the front of the vehicle and ceramic coatings. we just got our 2024 1500 Limited and two of the first modifications were both of these items. We live in AZ so rock chips are a huge issue and the sun is tough on paint.

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/