5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I bought my truck in October 2019 and drove it in the rain 3-31-2020 for the first time

rotts4u

Reaction score
I have another car as my daily driver and after getting the Ram 1500 Longhorn I have only been driving it on nice weather days. 6 months later I only have 3100 miles so I finally quit that nonsense and drove it. Now I can see the crazy water beading of the CarPro Quartz Ceramic coating I put on. 2020-03-31 17.09.54.jpg

Willwork4truck

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Thats a nice beading!
You and I must be going for the “Least used RAM” award. Ours is 11 months old (4-24-19) with like 8600 miles.

Diamondback

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Thats a nice beading!
You and I must be going for the “Least used RAM” award. Ours is 11 months old (4-24-19) with like 8600 miles.

Just hit 1800 on mine (8 months)

but I don't drive far enough to work, either. I get more mileage taking all the co-workers to lunch. (even enough room for the Big-Ol' Boy farmer to fit in the rig) LOL

That beading looks finominal! .. I'll have to show that photo to the detailer who did mine and ask why mine doesn't bead like that :)

Scott_65

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Just hit 1800 on mine (8 months)

but I don't drive far enough to work, either. I get more mileage taking all the co-workers to lunch. (even enough room for the Big-Ol' Boy farmer to fit in the rig) LOL

That beading looks finominal! .. I'll have to show that photo to the detailer who did mine and ask why mine doesn't bead like that :)
1800 in 8 months and I thought I was doing good keeping the miles low. I just hit 2500 in 7 months, 350 of them was driving to swap for the sport hood so those were well worth it! I’ll need to look into getting some kind of ceramic coating as the black is tough to keep looking good.

moosem

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I have another car as my daily driver and after getting the Ram 1500 Longhorn I have only been driving it on nice weather days. 6 months later I only have 3100 miles so I finally quit that nonsense and drove it. Now I can see the crazy water beading of the CarPro Quartz Ceramic coating I put on. View attachment 51018 is t

Rear window
I have another car as my daily driver and after getting the Ram 1500 Longhorn I have only been driving it on nice weather days. 6 months later I only have 3100 miles so I finally quit that nonsense and drove it. Now I can see the crazy water beading of the CarPro Quartz Ceramic coating I put on. View attachment 51018
I thought you were going to say that the rear window is leaking.

Diamondback

Ram Guru
Reaction score
1800 in 8 months and I thought I was doing good keeping the miles low. I just hit 2500 in 7 months, 350 of them was driving to swap for the sport hood so those were well worth it! I’ll need to look into getting some kind of ceramic coating as the black is tough to keep looking good.

Not by choice. My previous job was 9 mile drive one-way (1/3 city .. 1/3 highway .. 1/3 stop-n-go). Now I'm like 1 mile round trip :( so I def. put more wear-and-tear on it :( LOL

Scott_65

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Not by choice. My previous job was 9 mile drive one-way (1/3 city .. 1/3 highway .. 1/3 stop-n-go). Now I'm like 1 mile round trip :( so I def. put more wear-and-tear on it :( LOL
Well there’s the difference then, my commute is twice as long as yours ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/

Members online