5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I am so torn...

2020SilverMidnight

Reaction score
let me first say that usually I am not a fan of lifted/leveled full size trucks with all terrain/offroad tires but seeing some of you guys' trucks has me rethinking this. I am more of a lowered truck guy and still think a lowered full size is the sharpest looking thing on the road. I absolutely love my 2020 Midnight Edition BigHorn, and I am so torn. I want to "upgrade" the look, although the stock look is awesome to me. So, I either want to level the front and run an all terrain tire in size 275/60/20 or I want to drop the rear 2" to level the truck and switch to 22" wheels and tires. BUT, and this is a must, I do not want to change the ride quality in my truck! I want it to ride like it does now, because this is by far the most comfortable truck I have ever owned, and I have owned 5 F150's, 2 other Rams and a Tacoma. So...I want to hear y'alls thoughts, see your pics, get your opinions. I am thinking about these wheels, regardless of which way I go. These wheels are sick! http://www.hostilewheels.com/wheel/10931/hostile-h113-rage-6l/?finishID=819

2020SilverMidnight

Reaction score
Wait until the stock tires are worn out and need replacing, then make a decision.

I could do that...but...it is so hard. I tint windows for a living and see all sorts of new trucks on a daily basis. Seeing the new Rams, I just want to change mine a little. I don't want or need anything drastic, just a nice subtle change.

rebel without a cause

Reaction score
I agree wait till you need new tires unless you have money to burn. My last truck I bought new in 2017, did the lift, wheels, tires etc... and wound up trading it in beginning of this year. Even though truck was new had issues and the warranty was up on it. Sunk over 10K into it the first six months I owned it on things I really didn't need, just wanted. Plus you wont get much return on the wheels and tires you have on them now.

2020SilverMidnight

Reaction score
I hear what you guys are saying. I appreciate your take, I really do. I wouldn't even be selling my stock wheels and tires, as I keep all the stock stuff until I sell/trade then I put it back stock. But, I may very well leave it alone for now. I like it the way it is very much. I know once I start modding it, that may change.

Users who are viewing this thread