5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I am requesting a Step by Step Guide on installing a sub

SpaceViking

Reaction score
Hello! Im not one of those guys that pretends to know what I'm doing when I don't lol.

Would anyone be willing to provide me a full list of instructions on how to install a sub on my. 2019 ram 1500.big horn. It's the 8.4" Uconnect, non-alpine. I bought the item below, which I saw on another post is needed.

I seriously would be incredibly grateful for support. I will even tip you via paypal/venmo if that helps.

I have not purchased my sub, Amp, or wires yet.

Last edited:

LaxDfns15

Ram Guru
Reaction score
crutchfield.com is a great resource. Use their chat/customer service to tell them what you want, your budget, and your vehicle.

Pretty sure you'll need one of these though. It will allow you to connect RCA cables to your radio to make it OEM-quality install. Otherwise you're stuck using a Line Out Converter, which does not give amazing sound quality. https://www.crutchfield.com/p_541AP...-Aftermarket-Amplifier-Interface.html?tp=6348

Mountain Whiskey

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I don't know of a step by step instruction for upgrades to the base unit. If you don't have at least the Alpine amplified system you will likely overpower your speakers installing an amplified subwoofer.

I would start reading in the 8.4 Uconnect subforum rather than this general forum. The guys into the stereos are there. It's not as straight forward as it used to be.

You will certainly need to understand how the system works and that may take some studying if you don't know.

Try typing this in the search box from the forum or use Google search of the forum for better results:

Connect subwoofer amp with 8.4 screen and 6 speaker system​

Users who are viewing this thread