5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I’ve had my new Limited for only 5 DAYS and the leather seats already look terrible!!!

baf3472

Reaction score
Im on my second 2021 limited and I've noticed some panels in the leather are more textured than others. Both my trucks had it. After noticing it on my first truck, i took a look inside several limiteds when I was at the dealer and all of them had some degree of different textures on the smooth parts.

redneck

Reaction score
This is my Longhorn leather seat after 2 weeks of owning it it does look like the way it's wrinkling up it's separating from its backing or what not sure if a new seat skins going to solve the problem I think it's how they're all made

Attachments

• 20210401_162617.jpg
    20210401_162617.jpg
    141.9 KB · Views: 96

Old Ram

Reaction score
Agreed. The driver's side bolster is behaving like genuine leather. The passenger seat appears to have (1) a flaw since new that wasn't detectable until you had the right lighting, (2) chemical damage (as @Jako suggests), or (3) heat damage from a malfunctioning heated seat mechanism. Just a few ideas. But it's new enough that I'd have the dealer make it right.
My passenger side bolster looks the same, drivers is smoother, that center panel on the passenger side pic you posted is pretty rough, are they going to replace it?

baf3472

Reaction score
Several of the leather panels on my 21 limited are different textures. I have less than 2500 miles on it. Has anyone had any success with the dealer replacing them? The service center at my dealership has been less than helpful with the issues I've had so far.
seat1.jpeg
seat2.jpeg save3.jpeg

Jako

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Several of the leather panels on my 21 limited are different textures. I have less than 2500 miles on it. Has anyone had any success with the dealer replacing them? The service center at my dealership has been less than helpful with the issues I've had so far.
View attachment 95700
View attachment 95701 View attachment 95702
Brings back memories (bad) of my 1994 Ford Explorer - there ought to be a law or at least someone who can see when crafting the leather seat covers.

scottmoyer

Ram Guru
Reaction score
My 4k mile Rebel leather seats looks great, except the perforated sections. Mine look like Baf3472s a few posts up. I haven't decided yet, but I'm considering having my seats redone with alcantara inserts in the perforated areas. That would make the truck stand out more in my opinion. Plus, I'm not a fan of leather, but current fabric interiors appear so industrial, and not luxurious.

Here's the interior of my 160k mile Silverado. The fabric held up well, looked nice and was nice to the touch.

Attachments

• 20170811_192233.jpg
    20170811_192233.jpg
    374.1 KB · Views: 38

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score
My 4k mile Rebel leather seats looks great, except the perforated sections. Mine look like Baf3472s a few posts up. I haven't decided yet, but I'm considering having my seats redone with alcantara inserts in the perforated areas. That would make the truck stand out more in my opinion. Plus, I'm not a fan of leather, but current fabric interiors appear so industrial, and not luxurious.

Here's the interior of my 160k mile Silverado. The fabric held up well, looked nice and was nice to the touch.
I had several Chevy trucks with that velour interior. Held up really well to the abuse I gave them. I also had a couple with leather. The biggest problem I had with that was how slick that leather became after a few years.

The leather in my Limited still looks brand new. But I only have 1200 miles on it, so I would expect it to still look new. Time will tell. For everyone who posted pics, there's no harm in at least asking about having them replaced. For those who have posted that some of the panels have different grain, that's the way it is with real leather. It's up to the manufacturer to try and match grain on the panels going into the same truck, but I'm not at all surprised to hear some of you have seen differences. These are expensive trucks, but they aren't high end luxury cars. I haven't noticed grain differences in my truck, but I haven't looked at it that closely.

Users who are viewing this thread