5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

HVAC control always defaults to defrost?

jljbtm

Reaction score
so normally in the winter I have the heat blowing onto the floor but after driving a while it switches automatically to the defrost position which in turn turns on the A/C even though my windows are fine, it's just annoying that I have to keep switching it back PLUS I get worse mileage driving with the compressor On. anyone else notice this or is it just my RAM?

Attachments

• 20221213_132042.jpg
    20221213_132042.jpg
    84.8 KB · Views: 21

smashweights

Reaction score
Can't tell what you're screen is showing in that pic but in winter I think auto will default to front defrost if it's cold like running the seat/wheel heat if you have those

bigdodge

Happy Ram Owner
Reaction score
so normally in the winter I have the heat blowing onto the floor but after driving a while it switches automatically to the defrost position which in turn turns on the A/C even though my windows are fine, it's just annoying that I have to keep switching it back PLUS I get worse mileage driving with the compressor On. anyone else notice this or is it just my RAM?
from manual
Set your desired temperature and press
AUTO. AUTO will achieve and maintain
your desired temperature by
automatically adjusting the blower speed
and air distribution. Air Conditioning (A/C) may be
active during AUTO operation to improve
performance.
AUTO mode is highly recommended
for efficiency

jljbtm

Reaction score
I don't need auto, just wish it would stay where I set it

bigdodge

Happy Ram Owner
Reaction score
I don't need auto, just wish it would stay where I set it
turn auto off
You can turn AUTO on in one of two ways:
 Press and release this button on the touchscreen.
 Push the button on the faceplate.
Toggling this function will cause the system to
switch between manual mode and automatic
mode Ú page 68.

reapur

Reaction score
This is the number one complaint I have about my 2022 Limited night edition. This was also the number one complaint I had about my 2015 limited ecoD. It's not limited to RAM, they're all like lemmings, one manufacturer makes a bad decision and the rest follow blindly.
For one, I have dry eyes, having the defroster blowing constantly in my face is beyond irritating. Second, I'm in CO and it's dry, we don't have issues with windows fogging like other places, but we do have issues with freezing, so they blow hot air on the windshield to heat it up, then I park, come out and all the snow that had melted is now ice that I have to scrape.
Like I said, so annoying.
I wish there was a menu to choose which direction the "auto" option should use.
So basically in the winter, I operate it manually. it's fine in the summer.

Users who are viewing this thread