5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Husky Floor Liners - - A LITTLE TOO SLICK

L a r r y

Reaction score
I've had my Husky liners for about a year now. I can't complain about the fit, just the finish. Has anyone noticed theirs being a little slick even when dry? When I get in, no matter if I am wearing sneakers, dress shoes, or boots, I can skate my feet around almost like there is a thin layer of dust/dirt on them. I have NEVER put any kind of tire dressing on them or cleaner. I've only used water and a little rubbing alcohol to clean them after a vaccum. Is anyone else experiencing this, or have found something to make them not as slick?

BostonBLS

Reaction score
Do you have the weather beater or the x-act contour ones?

I went with the x-act contour ones because they are more rubbery and taller grooves so I don't have any slickness issues.

The weather beater ones are harder more plastic like with lower grooves and definitely prone to be more slick.

NorthStar

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I love HuskyLiner mud guards/splash guards but have never liked their floor liners. Ive found them to be slick as heck when wet.

IMHO Ram makes the best liners out there as they aren’t slick, follow the contour of the foot wells and hold up extremely well.

L a r r y

Reaction score
Do you have the weather beater or the x-act contour ones?

I went with the x-act contour ones because they are more rubbery and taller grooves so I don't have any slickness issues.

The weather beater ones are harder more plastic like with lower grooves and definitely prone to be more slick.
Looking back at my order, they are the weatherbeater series. And looking at the grooves in them this morning, they look to be a decent size as far as how tall they are. Are the X-Act series of liners taller than these? Since I've never touched the x-act series, my weathertechs IMO were not very stiff and flexible to me. Thanks for the info, I'll have to come up with some idea to make the weathertechs a little less slippery with some modification to the top of the grooves

Users who are viewing this thread