5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hurricane naked

MT755

Reaction score
Doe anyone have a top pic of the Hurricane without its hat?

silver billet

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Don't worry, they'll put something in the way just to F with the mechanics & DIY guys.

No dipstick, all sensors now. 🤦‍♂️

I can't wait for the 0w-8 oil they'll recommend in two years time, which will also be "lifetime fill" no doubt.

Jake1050

Reaction score
No dipstick, all sensors now. 🤦‍♂️

I can't wait for the 0w-8 oil they'll recommend in two years time, which will also be "lifetime fill" no doubt.
I suppose I would trust a sensor as long as there more than just one "Low" sensor.
On my subaru there is a low oil light that I have seen when I turned on the accessory position during an oil change to check the mileage. I wonder where in the dipstick the oil needs to be to trigger the "low" oil warning.

silver billet

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I suppose I would trust a sensor as long as there more than just one "Low" sensor.
On my subaru there is a low oil light that I have seen when I turned on the accessory position during an oil change to check the mileage. I wonder where in the dipstick the oil needs to be to trigger the "low" oil warning.

Well I sure hope they avoid the sensor company that made the sensors for my RV because it tells me trailer is full of black nasty stuff when it really isn't. :unsure:

mikeru82

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
European car makers ditched the oil dipstick years ago. I've owned three Audi's with no dipstick. It's really not a big deal. On those cars the system will notify you when the oil gets a quart low. I have yet to find a thread on any of the Audi forums I use where someone complained about the oil level sensor failing. And, on Audi's at least, there's still a dipstick tube (used for oil extraction). There are lots of aftermarket options for dipsticks if you to add your own. Hopefully the Hurricane twins will still have a dipstick tube as well.

Users who are viewing this thread