5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hurricane I6 Direct injection Carbon buildup and Toyotas D-4s

silver billet

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I'm old. I never used youtube back then lol. I forget where I saw it. Just odd the way it still says 410 including extra 130. That makes it sound like total. It should sand and an extra130.

I originally thought it was always 130 above at all times too, wouldn't turn that down!

GKIII

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I haven't towed with an ET. I'm sure you can feel the extra 130 lb/ft off the line but it disappears almost immediately. I could be wrong on the exact number but IIRC it's like 1500 rpms and ET is done. So it's not really doing much.
That little bit while it's active is very noticeable....objects in motion and all that. I can't tell the difference when unloaded, and I'm sure it makes almost no difference in 0-60 times. It's just a bit of pep coming from a stop with a 6000lb trailer.

6of36

Reaction score
I originally thought it was always 130 above at all times too, wouldn't turn that down!
For sure. That's what made me get my first etorque, before I found out otherwise. Funny story, I totaled my last Ram. I had been leasing since my last purchase on 2009. Leasing used to be cheap. When I went to get another, there were no lease deals, and the replacement truck would have been $300 a month higher payment. I couldn't afford that. I tow a 4,000 boat. What could I do? I ended up leasing a 21 Durango R/T with tow package. I had to act fast because there were only 3 Durangos in Michigan with tow packages. I had injured my right knee in the accident, so I couldn't even drive, and had my son in law go to drive it home for me. Found out in a couple days the hospital missed my damage that needed surgery. I couldn't even drive my new car for over 2 months. It was probably another 2 months before I realized it wasn't shutting off at lights. I had never even noticed I didn't have etorque.

Idahoktm

Reaction score
I'm old. I never used youtube back then lol. I forget where I saw it. Just odd the way it still says 410 including extra 130. That makes it sound like total. It should sand and an extra130.

It is a little bit misleading when they say, "including an additional 130 ft-lb of supplemental launch torque enabled by the eTorque system". The 130 ft-lb of torque is not included in the Hemi torque specs, so they should have worded the statement to say, "plus an additional 130 ft-lb in the first 1/2 tire rotation"

Found the video back:
The problem with YouTube is any knucklehead can produce a video and make statements that aren't true. The eTorque system provides supplemental assistance during the first 1/2 tire rotation and has nothing to do with speed or RPM's.

Users who are viewing this thread