5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Humor : Driving off pavement and raising a dust is "irresponsible behavior" per the British advertising standards authority

TSL

Reaction score
This is perhaps a little off-topic but funny enough to share as it does pertain to off-roading :

"
The regulator barred two ads, first released in a 2020 campaign: a poster and a video shown on social media, where dozens of Toyota Hilux cars drive across off-road terrain, including a river, while a voiceover describes the scene as “one of nature’s true spectacles”. The vehicles then join a road and drive through an urban area, before a lone car enters a driveway, with the voiceover continuing: “Toyota Hilux. Born to roam.” The poster shows two SUVs in the foreground, followed by a swarm of others traversing a rocky terrain over a cloud of dust.
Veronica Wignall, a co-director at Adfree Cities, said: “These adverts epitomise Toyota’s total disregard for nature and the climate, by featuring enormous, highly polluting vehicles driving at speed through rivers and wild grasslands.”".

The shock and horror of it all ! Driving off pavement and raising a cloud of dust ! How could Toyota be so irresponsible :)
Hopefully these people never see some-one like @boogielander ripping through the desert in his Rebel and "raising a cloud of dust", I think they might just roll over and faint at the sight of it !

boogielander

Ram Guru
Reaction score
oh i do more than raising a cloud of dust. I also send it through puddles to make big splashes.

i guess they'll need an ambulance on standby if they ever see what we do in the desert, and will probably need a hearse if they ever see Baja Race or even Dakar Rally LOL

• Haha
Reactions: TSL

Users who are viewing this thread