5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How to turn off ACC ignition mode?

BryanPendleton

Reaction score
So I picked up a 2020 Laramie earlier this year, and the "shift knob" is a tough one to get used to. I now find myself reaching for the radio knob to put my wife's car in park. LOL! Any, I have this horrible habit of turning off the truck when it's not actually in park. I reverse park all the time, so I often end up shutting the truck off with it in reverse or I simply turn the knob the wrong direction and shut it off. Well this forces the "auto park" but then puts the ignition in ACC (accessory) mode and the only way I know to turn it off is to restart the truck and shut the truck off again, which I just can't stand doing. Is there a procedure to turning the truck/ignition OFF when it is in ACC (accessory) mode?

Last edited:
So I picked up a 2020 Laramie earlier this year, and the "shift knob" is a tough one to get used to. I now find myself reaching for the radio knob to put my wife's car in park. LOL! Any, I have this horrible habit of turning off the truck when it's not actually in park. I reverse park all the time, so I often end up shutting the truck off with it in reverse or I simply turn the knob the wrong direction and shut it off. Well this forces the "auto park" but then puts the ignition in ACC (accessory) mode and the only way I know to turn it off is to restart the truck and shut the truck off again, which I just can't stand doing. Is there a procedure to turning the drop OFF when it is in ACC (accessory) mode?
No you can't do it. You just need to get used to doing it the right way. And why do you have to restart the truck? Why don't you just press the button to off. Don't put your foot on the brake and you can push it to off. You can also turn it to run mode if you're not pushing on the brake.

.. And why do you have to restart the truck? Why don't you just press the button to off. Don't put your foot on the brake and you can push it to off.

When I push the ignition button, with it in ACC mode, it restarts the truck and I am pretty sure its the same whether my foot is on the brake or not, hence the restart.

When I push the ignition button, with it in ACC mode, it restarts the truck and I am pretty sure its the same whether my foot is on the brake or not, hence the restart.
If your foot is not on brake pedals it will not restart.

Unlike a key-style ignition switch; with our push-button ignition switch, the only way from ACC to OFF is through RUN.
Without touching the brake pedal, press the start button and it will change from ACC to RUN (if the engine starts, you did it wrong). Press the button again and it will cycle to OFF.
Well, actually, there is another way: leave the switch in ACC and it will automatically turn directly to OFF in exactly 30 minutes.

Steve

So I picked up a 2020 Laramie earlier this year, and the "shift knob" is a tough one to get used to. I now find myself reaching for the radio knob to put my wife's car in park. LOL! Any, I have this horrible habit of turning off the truck when it's not actually in park. I reverse park all the time, so I often end up shutting the truck off with it in reverse or I simply turn the knob the wrong direction and shut it off. Well this forces the "auto park" but then puts the ignition in ACC (accessory) mode and the only way I know to turn it off is to restart the truck and shut the truck off again, which I just can't stand doing. Is there a procedure to turning the truck/ignition OFF when it is in ACC (accessory) mode?

Take your foot off the brake and push the ignition button 2 times, simple

Users who are viewing this thread

Back