5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How to turn off a/c recirculation??

jmorrow25

Reaction score
Have a 2020 1500 bighorn (no climate control). Every time i turn on the air conditioning it automatically turns on air recirculation. When i push the button to turn it off it just blinks a few times and then stays lit. I hope there is a way... Wouldn't have bought it if there isn't. I'm a smoker and the fastest way to make your vehicle reek is to have the smoke run through the air recirculation. Please someone tell me there is a way to turn it off...

KRField

Reaction score
Turn the temp dial one click to the right, and if the recirculate light is on push the center to turn it off. When your turn it to max cold temp I auto turns on recirculation, and max won’t let you turn off recirculation.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jmorrow25

Reaction score
Turn the temp dial one click to the right, and if the recirculate light is on push the center to turn it off. When your turn it to max cold temp I auto turns on recirculation, and max won’t let you turn off recirculation.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thank you so much! It was driving me crazy. First time since i bought it that it has been warm enough to use it. First ram I've owned, but have had several 4th gens and promaster vans as work vehicles and they all let me turn off recirc on max a/c so it never crossed my mind that might be the source of the problem. Would love to just disable the air recirculation as i never, ever use it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/