5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How to stop the notifications???

cj7

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Every time I get a text message, I get the annoying announcement about it, on the center screen and read out loud, that I have new messages. This happens whenever the phone is connected, by cord (CarPlay) or just Bluetooth.

How do I turn off these notifications, without disconnecting the phone?

LimitedGRR

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Every time I get a text message, I get the annoying announcement about it, on the center screen and read out loud, that I have new messages. This happens whenever the phone is connected, by cord (CarPlay) or just Bluetooth.

How do I turn off these notifications, without disconnecting the phone?

Hit Do not disturb on top right of screen. At least that’s where you find the dnd on the 12 inch screen

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cj7

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Hit Do not disturb on top right of screen. At least that’s where you find the dnd on the 12 inch screen

Thx. Does that send an automatic reply of any kind? The Do Not Disturb in my other car auto-replies with “I’m driving” - don’t want that...

LimitedGRR

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Thx. Does that send an automatic reply of any kind? The Do Not Disturb in my other car auto-replies with “I’m driving” - don’t want that...

No. It just doesn’t play the texts. If you click on an incoming text i think it gives you a list of quick replies you can send. But if you hit dnd it stops any text from popping up on the display. But your phone still gets it just like it would if you weren’t in the truck.

fdpded

Reaction score
do we know if there is a way to turn down the notification? it is significantly louder than my radio volume setting. I've gone through the settings and found nothing.

Bigbags85

Reaction score
do we know if there is a way to turn down the notification? it is significantly louder than my radio volume setting. I've gone through the settings and found nothing.
I am not certain but I believe if you volume down as the text is playing it will turn down just that volume. But even if that works I imagine it's as dumb as the GPS volume and resets every time the truck turns off.

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
You should be able to do it under the audio settings. There's like 5-6 slider bars

Dewey

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
How do you get rid of the visual text alerts on the screen? Figured there has to be a way to turn them off but I’m obviously missing it.

Users who are viewing this thread