5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How to know if active noise cancelling is working?

Max Flight

Reaction score
Good day everyone,
Long time reader, first post. I've got my used 2019 Limited about a year ago and I'm wondering if the active noise cancelling is working or not. After I've changed my tires to Radar Renegade I thought that the noise louder than it should be but I have no reference.

The module under the driver seat has the PN P68312296AF
I'm unable to find any information if this part comes with the ANC function and as my truck is used I don't know what the previous owner may or may not have done.
I have alfaobd. Is there a chance to check the availability and functionality?

Best regards
Max

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Good day everyone,
Long time reader, first post. I've got my used 2019 Limited about a year ago and I'm wondering if the active noise cancelling is working or not. After I've changed my tires to Radar Renegade I thought that the noise louder than it should be but I have no reference.

The module under the driver seat has the PN P68312296AF
I'm unable to find any information if this part comes with the ANC function and as my truck is used I don't know what the previous owner may or may not have done.
I have alfaobd. Is there a chance to check the availability and functionality?

Best regards
Max
Using the link below (and replacing the end with your VIN), you can look up the options on your truck. It should list "Active Noise Control System".

Max Flight

Reaction score
Using the link below (and replacing the end with your VIN), you can look up the options on your truck. It should list "Active Noise Control System".

Thanks but I forgot to mention that I have already done that. It lists as equipped but I want to know if it's still working or maybe even removed by the previous owner.
The reason is that this has already been done with the passenger side mirror. The truck comes with a dimmable mirror but currently there is no dimmable mirror installed 🤷🏼‍♂️

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Thanks but I forgot to mention that I have already done that. It lists as equipped but I want to know if it's still working or maybe even removed by the previous owner.
The reason is that this has already been done with the passenger side mirror. The truck comes with a dimmable mirror but currently there is no dimmable mirror installed 🤷🏼‍♂️
I'm not 100% sure on this, but I don't think that is the correct part you're looking for. Here's a link to the part that supercedes it, and it's just called an Amplifier. It is part #3 in the diagram.

If you look for part #2 in the diagram, that's the noise cancellation module. It would be this part (or possibly one of the superceded part numbers).

Max Flight

Reaction score
I'm not 100% sure on this, but I don't think that is the correct part you're looking for. Here's a link to the part that supercedes it, and it's just called an Amplifier. It is part #3 in the diagram.

If you look for part #2 in the diagram, that's the noise cancellation module. It would be this part (or possibly one of the superceded part numbers).

Thanks that's also my concern. While researching before posting here I found out the same and that it is just called an amplifier made me doubting.
On the other hand: the price of the module (or the successor) is pretty high compared to those that definitely come with the ANC functionality.

MikeyHo808

Ram Guru
Reaction score
You could check the connections at the amp to see if there is an inline jumper. That would tell you if it’s bypassed. There should be direct connects from the harness coming out of the carpet for ANC to be present.
Other than that, when I bypassed mines, road and exhaust noise was much more audible in-cab. Trust me, if you had ANC and then you didn’t, you would notice a significant difference in noise. Plus, I think if the ANC went bad, you’d experience static over your audio system. There was also a TSB out for the ANC for 2019 models. Hope this helps. Good luck🤙🏽

Max Flight

Reaction score
You could check the connections at the amp to see if there is an inline jumper. That would tell you if it’s bypassed. There should be direct connects from the harness coming out of the carpet for ANC to be present.
Other than that, when I bypassed mines, road and exhaust noise was much more audible in-cab. Trust me, if you had ANC and then you didn’t, you would notice a significant difference in noise. Plus, I think if the ANC went bad, you’d experience static over your audio system. There was also a TSB out for the ANC for 2019 models. Hope this helps. Good luck🤙🏽
I couldn't find anything suspicious or unusual but it's really hard get a good view without complete removal of the amplifier.
I'm also not sure which harness you're talking about.
20230904_134243.jpg

20230904_131213.jpg
20230904_131147.jpg

MikeyHo808

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Doesn’t look like your ANC is bypassed. The plug coming from under the carpet would be plugged into the bypass, then the amplifier. I have the Alpine system and the ANC bypass goes into the small plug on the amp.

BrandonSmith

Reaction score
The dimmable mirror is only the driver side mirror. The passenger side mirror is not dimmable. Comes from factory that way.

Max Flight

Reaction score
The dimmable mirror is only the driver side mirror. The passenger side mirror is not dimmable. Comes from factory that way.
Mine came from the factory with a dimmable passenger side mirror according to the build spec and there is even the harness and the plug in the mirror housing. Easy to equip with the dimmable again, although expensive

BrandonSmith

Reaction score
Mine came from the factory with a dimmable passenger side mirror according to the build spec and there is even the harness and the plug in the mirror housing. Easy to equip with the dimmable again, although expensive
Interesting... Did not know that. The 3 Rams I've owned have only had driver dimmable. Thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread