5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How to force blind-spot trailer detection on 1500's

bazbob

Reaction score
The automatic trailer blind spot detection on my 2020 Limited is hit or miss. Sometimes when I hitch up, pull out and corner it comes on, most other times it never comes on the entire trip. Is there a way to force trailer blind spot detection on?

Goatmann

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Are you using the 4 pin or 7 pin? Trailer blind spot only works for me when plug into the 7 pin.

Ram92131

Reaction score
I've mostly had mine detect the trailer reliably. One time it didn't detect anything. A couple times it said either "auto" or "20ft". I'd say half the time or more it correctly registers 30ft.

bazbob

Reaction score
Yes, I'm using the 7 pin. I have a utility trailer with no brakes 4-pin that it has detected also one time for blind spot. It's frustrating me why hit sometimes detects and sometimes it does not

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

J-Cooz

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Mine has detected with the 4 pin. Try making a few turns in a parking lot after hooking up if you can

bazbob

Reaction score
I will try the S turns tomorrow when I hitch up

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

HarryW

Reaction score
I have the same problem 2021 Ream 1500 Crew Cab. I have one enclosed trailer 20 v nose 16' flat side that it does not work so every time I turn on my turn signal I am irritated, I have pulled into a parking lot and did figure 8's and 90 deg. turns and backup turns as well. I have other trailers that it works fine.

kaywood2010

Reaction score
Did anyone figure anything out with this? My 2020 1500 is doing the same thing. Driving me nuts!

DEG

Ram Guru
Reaction score
So far I've only used the 4 pin connector and it has reliably detected my trailer each time, but normally does not detect it until I make the first turn. I've never seen a way to force it.

Users who are viewing this thread