5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How to bypass the Security gateway module (SGM)

Charon

Reaction score
All you have to do to bypass the SGM is bridge a couple pins. 2.54mm dupont style pins 10mm long to be exact. Various pins/wires are easy to get, this is also what raspberries and arduinos use for I/O.

You have options, use header pins and solder them together or buy dupont connectors and make a reusable tools.
Or do something more temporary I used Male I/O wires and just spun/ soldered them together ($6 for a set).

You just need 4 sets of 3 bridged wires. then connect them as shown here in this beautiful diagram I made.

yFXoMGf.jpg

Hopefully this saves someone on those overpriced bypasses.
Sorry if this has already been posted, I cannot find it anywhere.

BiGnOsE-417

Reaction score
Was about tto go that route, but I'm a bit confused in which way the connector must be before jumping the pins. Or am I missing something important that already implies the correct position of the connector ?

Thank you.

All you have to do to bypass the SGM is bridge a couple pins. 2.54mm dupont style pins 10mm long to be exact. Various pins/wires are easy to get, this is also what raspberries and arduinos use for I/O.

You have options, use header pins and solder them together or buy dupont connectors and make a reusable tools.
Or do something more temporary I used Male I/O wires and just spun/ soldered them together ($6 for a set).

You just need 4 sets of 3 bridged wires. then connect them as shown here in this beautiful diagram I made.

yFXoMGf.jpg

Derrick19

Reaction score

yFXoMGf.jpg

Hey is that looking at the plug ?

Olive Green 5.7

Reaction score
Soooo, dumb question coming your way. What benefit do we get for bypassing the security gateway module?

Users who are viewing this thread