5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How do you transfer a UConnect Bluetooth phone call to your handset?

The_Chemist

Reaction score
I would greatly appreciate help from someone that knows how to transfer an in-progress UCONNECT Bluetooth phone call to the handset.

I was talking to my girlfriend on my Samsung Galaxy Note 8 phone while connected via Bluetooth to my Longhorn 12.1" UCONNECT system, when I was parking my truck and leaving the vehicle.

I shut the engine off, got out, locked the door and my call stayed connected to the Uconnect. I could hear my girlfriend talking to me through the Harman Kardon speakers inside the truck, while I was standing outside with the engine off and vehicle locked. The UCONNECT screen stayed illuminated as well.

What do you need to do to transfer the call to the handset, when you leave the vehicle?

With my 2011 Hyundai Santa Fe, all you had to do was shut off the vehicle and leave. The call would automatically transfer to the handset, and you could walk away.

What am I misding?

Thanks!

sticker500

Ram Guru
Reaction score
You aren't missing anything, it's stupid. You have to do it on the phone or on the Uconnect screen. Or you can press the power button on the 12.1" screen and it will ask you if you want to transfer. My F-150 was the same, you opened the door and it transferred if the vehicle was off. I also cannot stand that it won't resume audio when switching to privacy during a call.

cjmst23

Reaction score
Just hit the "transfer button" on the uconnect screen.

cjmst23

Reaction score
I looked again tonight while a call was in progress. I could not find a "transfer" button anywhere on the screen.

Would you be so kind as to tell me where to look?

Thanks.
While engaged in a call... From the lower right corner of the phone menu : IMG_20181025_220414824.jpg

mike_sunfox

Reaction score
Geez, How did I miss that! I don't remember seeing a transfer button. I'll have to look again. Thank you!

At least the system tries its hardest to keep the call connected.
I have the same question and I expected to see a transfer button. Looked all over and never found it. now to find out it is there, somehwere...

Users who are viewing this thread