5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How bad is Brake Dust with OEM pads?

WithaREBELyell

Reaction score
All,

Picked up a sweet deal on a rebel coming over from one of those other truck brands. About to lift her up and throw on some 20's. However, before I do that....do I need to change the factory brake pads to a low dusting option? I dont want to spend that kind of money, but yet clean my wheels each day.

What do you all think? If, the answer is yes.....what is your recommendation? I liked my Wagner Thermoquiet ceramic brakes. Very low dust.

PowerJrod

Ram Guru
Reaction score
All,

Picked up a sweet deal on a rebel coming over from one of those other truck brands. About to lift her up and throw on some 20's. However, before I do that....do I need to change the factory brake pads to a low dusting option? I dont want to spend that kind of money, but yet clean my wheels each day.

What do you all think? If, the answer is yes.....what is your recommendation? I liked my Wagner Thermoquiet ceramic brakes. Very low dust.
I would say not bad honestly. I have the oems still and the dust in minor. Also depends on your braking habits though. I like the Wagner's and the Bosch quietcast pads. I never tried the ceramics though...was told they make a ton of noise in the cold weather.

Biga

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I haven't noticed hardly any dusting on my 2019, now my 2014 Ram was pretty bad with brake dust.

MG99

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Never been an issue for me. Nothing noticeable on my chrome 20’s after 9k miles or my current Rebel wheels for the last 6k. I wash the truck every few months.

TheMopars

Reaction score
Yeah, compared to my 2010 and 2013 SRT the brake dust is minimal, don't even notice it.

Bobbybob

Reaction score
I am a fan of the brakes on these things. I do have eTorque and took me just a bit to get used to the regen braking though. Overall minimal dust from the pads, if any at all, and fantastic stoping power.

klotz50

Reaction score
All,

I have not found one youtube vid for a DIY brake job on 5th gen.....anyone?

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score
I am a fan of the brakes on these things. I do have eTorque and took me just a bit to get used to the regen braking though. Overall minimal dust from the pads, if any at all, and fantastic stoping power.
Indeed. Squealing aside, the brakes on these trucks are very good. Very confidence-inspiring when having to stop in a hurry.

Users who are viewing this thread