5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How are the OE Falken WildPeak All-Terrain A/T3WA tires handling in the snow/ice for those that have them?

Love2driveRAM19

Reaction score
I am curious how they are handling the snow/ice as I had done research on them prior to purchasing my RAM19 to put the 4 new tires(275/60/20's) on my old truck. I had only installed them on the rear(maybe put 400 miles on them) of my old truck because I was gonna do some suspension work up front and alignment before installing the front pair(the other 2 are still with tags on them in garage).

I have 2WD (I have the antispin to help but no 4WD) and will place all 4 of my WildPeak tires on my new RAM19. Thinking about a visit up to Pennsylvania in March. I had read good reviews on them handling the snow/ice, just curious now with broader group of RAMs on the road with them to get opinions please. I purchased the slightly different Falken WildPeak tires (AT3W) than the OEM A/T3WA's but still value your input since snow and ice hitting all around up North.

Thanks Edwards for the thread on the difference: https://5thgenrams.com/community/threads/falken-oem-tires.741/

I figure I will have to add some sandbags/weight in rear when I head up to Pennsylvania just want to hear your thoughts on how they are holding up???

Thanks!!!

Also, how much weight do you place/securely in the rear during winter months???

jeffmc306

Reaction score
I have some recent experience living in NW suburbs of Chicago - we just had two snowstorms. I’m impressed with their performace in the snow. I’ve had several sets of winter tires on AWD cars and these handle pretty close. I’ve got the 275-55-20’s with the off-road package.

Attachments

• 4D00ED58-6BAA-4B1B-9B84-808A7023F5A7.jpeg
    4D00ED58-6BAA-4B1B-9B84-808A7023F5A7.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 145

wthomps79

Reaction score
I have actual Falken WildPeaks not the OEM version. I'm not sure what the difference is as the tread is near identical from what I can see, but the OEMs don't carry the snow rating symbol the actual Falkens do.

Anyhow, lately we've had a few winter storms come through and alot of blowing and drifting. I've been driving around through snow filled farm yards to get to the skid steer. So far drifts have been up to 24" deep and only twice have I had to use 4x4. Traction on ice has also been very good. I'm very satisfied with these tires and I would run them again. When purchasing it was between these and a set of Kanati Trail Hogs, but I chose these as I got a better deal buying from another member here who was upgrading and I think the tread gives a better on road ride.

RedRocketZ28

Reaction score
They’ve done well for me. I’ve mostly used the Auto 4WD mode but I’ve toyed with 2WD and have not had any issues. So far, I really like the tires.

82c8a0d8c260ad239a81e12bbc17338c.jpg

WXman

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Can anybody tell me the difference between the ones used on Off Road Package vs. the ones used on North Edition? Why do they have two different part numbers? Is there a different silica compound in the ones used on North Edition that makes them softer for cold weather usage?

Attachments

• FalkenAT3WA.jpg
    FalkenAT3WA.jpg
    56.6 KB · Views: 43

TimW451

Reaction score
Can anybody tell me the difference between the ones used on Off Road Package vs. the ones used on North Edition? ...

The difference is that one is 3PMSF, three peak mountain snowflake, which is almost a snow tire, but not quite. I’d assume that if you looked at these side by side the tread may look different, or it could be a different tire compound.

Users who are viewing this thread