5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hood Noise

alparmer

Reaction score
Noticed a loud flutter at higher speed 80+

I think it’s from the Rebel hood addons. Only at higher speeds and when the wind hits it just right.

Anyone else?

alparmer

Reaction score
Have you tried looking at and adjusting the bumper stops under the hood edge?
The hood is lined up with the fenders. It appears the noise is coming from the plastic pieces on the raise hood part. Hard to tell.

Jdburns1

Reaction score
The hood is lined up with the fenders. It appears the noise is coming from the plastic pieces on the raise hood part. Hard to tell.
Have you found a solution yet? Just picked up a 19 rebel and can hear the same noise you described. Sounds like its coming from the cowl where the windshield wipers are.

SD Rebel

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Hmmm, never noticed it so far, I've done 90 mph sustained. I'll pay closer attention to it later. The Rebel bezel doesn't fit perfect on the back side on just about all Rebels, but they are secured by a lot of clips, maybe you could have a loose clip somewhere allowing it to move at higher speeds.

Users who are viewing this thread