5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hood Fluttering

Jordan2929

Reaction score
Last time I was at the service department my service advisor told me they had ordered some materials to fix my hood fluttering (my hood wasn't fluttering) I just brushed it off, got my keys and left. Then today I get a call saying the materials were in and he asked when I wanted to make my appointment, I told him again that my hood wasn't fluttering and I did not want them to be messing with a working hood, he told me that FCA was trying to get ahead of the curve and that it needed to be done. I'd be completely fine with them fixing my hood IF IT WAS BROKEN, but I'm a little hesitant to let them mess with my perfectly good hood. Last time they worked on it a panel clip was broken, another panel was installed incorrectly, and I found a screw on the floor mat. Just another thing to add to the list of bad experiences I've had with my service department in the past three months. Has anyone else been told they needed to have their "fluttering hood" fixed??

nope..I dont have a fluttering hood and my truck has never seen a dealership since the day i took it home. Sounds like you told them at one point you did have a fluttering hood hence why they called u

Never told them anything, I took it in for the amp update and they saw there was a TSB for a fluttering hood. Now theyre insisting I have it fixed when I told them it wasn’t fluttering.

It all boils down to some sealant between the outer hood panel and an inner support. It should make the hood stronger in theory and aside from the typical dents/scratches dealers can leave about the only thing they could screw up on this one is to apply too much and let it ooze out onto the top of your engine.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back