5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Holes in bed plugged - Tonneau drain

fxdrider

Reaction score
My BakFlip MX4 is arriving today. My 2019 BigHorn has a spray-in bedliner, and the MX4 drain tubes are supposed to be routed through pre-existing holes in the bed, just forward of the front tie-down loops. The problem is...where the hole is supposed to be is a small bump that's covered with the bedliner material. I bought the truck used and the bedliner had been installed by the previous owner. I'm going to have to open those holes up somehow, but I'm wondering why they would be bumps. Do those holes come with some sort of plug installed? Would like to know before I go drilling it out.

IMG_3214.JPEG

Last edited:

froy119

Reaction score
I noticed that on my truck as well now that you mention it. No wonder I always have water collecting at the front of the truck bed. Looking forward to seeing what can be done.

fxdrider

Reaction score
I just pressed on the "bumps" and they are soft and they compress a bit, so I'm thinking they're some sort of rubber plug. Depending on the diameter of the drain tubes, I may just drill through the rubber. If the tubes are large, I may just score the bedliner material and pry the plugs out.

fxdrider

Reaction score
So, the directions for the BakFlip MX4 have a section on what to do with the drain hoses. You can remove the plugs, or drill a 7/8" hole through the plugs, or use an open hole. My truck's bed has the lower hole plugged, but the upper holes are open. I may just use the upper holes and call it a day.

IMG_3221.JPEG

t76turbo

Reaction score
I put the drain tubes for my retrax through the hole behind those tie down loops you show in your picture. The drain lines are soft and can be made oval to fit through the hole.

Users who are viewing this thread