5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

HK sound - what's the magic fix?

cj7

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Have the 19 spkr HK radio (8.4C Nav) and it's muddy at all volume levels. What's the consensus fix?
Seems like the speakers in the rear are low quality too.
Is there a list of improvements that make a difference? I've heard Infinity's in the front dash help, but what about front doors, rear doors, rear ceiling?

Edwards

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Have the 19 spkr HK radio (8.4C Nav) and it's muddy at all volume levels. What's the consensus fix?
Seems like the speakers in the rear are low quality too.
Is there a list of improvements that make a difference? I've heard Infinity's in the front dash help, but what about front doors, rear doors, rear ceiling?

Yes, Infinity's in the dash will make a subtle, to me, difference. It's not night and day like the lower end systems upgrading but it will open up the high end a bit. I did the corners first and was then surprised at how much of a difference the center speaker made. I use surround.
That's all I've changed other than setting the EQ to B-5, M+5, T+2. Setting the mid to that high of a level tricks the DSP into cutting some of the higher bass that the HK system suffers from even though RAM insists a pro engineer from HK tuned the system.

Users who are viewing this thread