5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

hitch drop question

rdetl

Reaction score
I just bought a 2019 rebel and wonder what hitch drop you guys are using. I don't have access to a trailer as my boat is in strorage. the measurement to my receiver is 23 inches in normal ride height.

kittyjo

Reaction score
Do u have air suspension. If so it will automatically level out... I say 4inch drop hitch they do have those that are adjustable up and down depending on what height u need

Mikent

Reaction score
I have Laramie with the off-road package, my receiver is 22”, I pull a tandem axle trailer with 15” wheels (don’t recall the tire size) and a 14” hitch height. 6” drop is perfect, I tried an old 4” ball mount I had and the back of the trailer was to low and would almost drag at times

NORMANDYMIKE

Reaction score
I pull 4 different size / type of trailers and needed a min of 6" drop in Normal mode and 4 in Aero....so I bought a Weigh Safe WS8-2 KA, adjustable that's capable of 10"up and 8" down.......so I've got everything covered & I can read my tongue weight by scale.

Boldie24

Reaction score
I have a 2019 with no lift. Pulled a couple of UHauls with a 2 inch drop hitch

grinch72

Reaction score
I just bought a 2019 rebel and wonder what hitch drop you guys are using. I don't have access to a trailer as my boat is in strorage. the measurement to my receiver is 23 inches in normal ride height.
It all depends on your trailer. You need to measure your truck, then level your trailer on flat ground and measure that. At that point you can subtract the two and get your needed drop.

Here is a good video explaining it. I have an adjustable hitch to accomodate a few different trailers I use.

Users who are viewing this thread