5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hissing Sound

Jeffjjones

Reaction score
I just got a 2023 Limited Ram 1500 last month. Every once in a while, I hear a hissing sound from the back. It is there if the truck is on but moving or not does not make a difference. The sound system is of course turned off. Initially, I thought it was coming from the rear speakers. When I got to the backseat, I cannot figure out where it is coming from. Then I thought may be it is the air from the air vents. Well the climate is also turned off. Any ideas?

jkm312

Reaction score
Might be the parking brake setting itself automatically when you turn it off. You can shut that feature off in the settings, then listen to see if that stops what you are hearing

OCD Solutions

Reaction score
This question get's asked alot and it's usually the fan for the cooled seats.

stevj

Reaction score
On a clear day, I can see Seattle from my house.
If your Ram has eTorque, there is a fan-cooled battery pack on the back wall behind the back seat.
as OCD Solutions mentioned, the seat fans make noise, so check all are turned off and listen for the sound.

Steve

Users who are viewing this thread