5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hints When Nearing Warranty Expiration

834k3r

Reaction score
I'm about 4 months and 10K miles from the OEM warranty expiring.

I'm seriously considering taking the truck in, complaining about a sound from the exhaust manifold to force the dealership to inspect the bolts before the warranty expires.

Any other areas I should have them look at before the warranty expires?

Jeff1322

Reaction score
I'm about 4 months and 10K miles from the OEM warranty expiring.

I'm seriously considering taking the truck in, complaining about a sound from the exhaust manifold to force the dealership to inspect the bolts before the warranty expires.

Any other areas I should have them look at before the warranty expires?
I recently had the passenger side bolts replaced. The sound it makes is rather easy to detect and it is just a visual inspection to determine if they are broke or if the manifold is cracked. I heard it can happen every 30,000 miles and on either side. The service guy started up my truck and quickly said "I know what it is" and we will take care of it. If it happens to me again I will probably replace the manifolds with short headers to solve a reoccurring problem. If they figure you are just fishing they may give you a service inspection charge.

Users who are viewing this thread