5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Higher capacity Oil Pump in the 2020 Model year?

retire561

Reaction score
I read in one source that Ram had installed a higher capacity oil pump on the 5.7 Hemi sometime during the 2020 Model year. In response to complaints of low oil pressure at idling, which led some to install the Hellcat pump on their own. Can anyone verify or debunk this story reliably?

i talked to an ex mopar tech and he said that fix addresses the lower oil pressure at idle but causes different issues on the other spectrum of things with too much oil pressure on the other side.. he said the hellcat oil pump changed to the stock spring is the ticket for this update..

Not sure that a higher capacity pump is the answer to a low pressure problem. Aside from that I have not heard anything about a 2020 oiling system change, so I personally would discount that source.

Based on the oil pressure that people mention they have on this forum, and the various years of the cars they own, it seems pretty uniform.

There is no evidence that the 5.7 has an oiling problem, either in terms of capacity or pressure. This myth has grown legs and is now unstoppable it seems.

This is what FCA gets for not addressing the problem head on and acknowledging the issue.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back