5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

High miles?

afphinfan

Reaction score
I've been looking for a 5th gen Laramie Ram 1500 w/v6, Ram ... I've found a few that I like and some not. I did notice a couple with high mileage and I was curious if anyone here has put a bunch of miles on theirs? Currently the Air Force has me working from home but we are soon to be going in at least half of the week. I used to average 26k a year during 5 day work weeks. Now, it should be less. So if you got a 2019 early on and drove 25k per year, you'd be at 75k or so on the 3.6l v6 ... anyone at that or higher? Any weird maintenance or issues that came up? I know plenty of people with the previous gen v6 made it into the high 100's or 200's but just curious about the latest generation v6. Thanks!

Fatherof3

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
My bil had a 2018 with the 3.6L , he had over 120k on it when he traded it in in 2020 .

millerbjm

Ram Guru
Reaction score
The pentastar V6 is a very reliable engine - commonly used in Law Enforcement in the charger and has seen lots of high mile and difficult conditions in testing. If you're buying a 2019 with high miles you can be fairly certain those are mosty highway miles which are much easier on the truck than stop and go city miles. If the price is right and the truck is in good condition I wouldn't worry too much about the mileage.

41magmag41

Reaction score
Bought mine in April of 2019, have 54000 on her with no problems.

afphinfan

Reaction score
Thanks for the replies and that’s what I had hoped to hear. My list of gotta haves has made the search tougher than usual in this weird market. The fact that Carvana is picking up my Ranger they bought from me tomorrow means I gotta make a decision. I put a deposit down on one that I like everything about except for the higher miles and the tow mirrors. I’m sure I can swap out the mirrors and I am fine with the miles as the price was reduced. I would like to keep this until 200k plus. After reading how people have modded their trucks to add features, I’d rather do that then trade every few years. I loved my Longhorn but going from driving 26k per year to almost nothing made it hard to pop a regen. I kept my last truck 10 years and I almost always buy a few years old and high miles.

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/