5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

High Beam - Light Bar

jluff007

Reaction score
Has anyone tied their light bar into their high beam switch on their column?

Any write-ups on how to do it on a 2020 Ram 1500 BH?

U

User_34235

I have often wondered that as well as I would do that too. Going to follow this thread.

ferraiolo1

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
You just have to find the high beam power wire at your headlight, tap off that to a relay, that triggers your light bar to come on when the high beams are.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MH1500

Reaction score
I've done it on my cheap commuter car, I just used a fuse block tap or add a circuit, whatever you call them. Available at most parts stores. It's a fuse that replaces your high beam fuse and has wires coming out of it to tie your relay power to. That way when your high beams have power it will also power the light bar relay.

MannyN

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I've done it on my cheap commuter car, I just used a fuse block tap or add a circuit, whatever you call them. Available at most parts stores. It's a fuse that replaces your high beam fuse and has wires coming out of it to tie your relay power to. That way when your high beams have power it will also power the light bar relay.
Not on the rams. They don't have a fuse for the high beams, they don't even have relays for the lights. All controlled by the BCM.

Snicklefritz_76

Reaction score
That's how I have it currently setup on my Ram. I used a posi tap to connect the trigger wire on my relay to the HB wire behind the headlight. When I hit the high beams my off-road lights also come on. I also added a switch where my cigarette lighter was located that acts as a master kill switch to disable the DRLs and light bar.

Users who are viewing this thread