5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hi RAM family, I’ve returned.

Willwork4truck

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I had a 2019 Limited and was originally “Willwork4truck” back then. Had to sell it to buy a house. Now 4 years later I’m back in a year-end deal on a 2023 Limited with nicer options for less than my 6 month old 2019 cost. ($62 then, $59.5 now)

So my dear wife is happy which is good as both were/are for her. Unfortunately this one has to live outside as the new garage is 1’ shorter (grrr) and even the short bed wont make it. I had 3” clearance on the last garage and it was always touchy parking it inside.

I remembered forum sponsor (at the time) Mark Dodge in Lake Charles LA had good pricing and they still do, so on Xmas Day I will start the 800 mile trip to go get the new ride. They beat everyone else by several thousand on a similar level 1 4x so I will make the drive.

I am looking forward to checking out the difference in the 3.92 gears vs my old truck 3.21 as well as any appreciable starting off differences with the e-torque. My old one didnt have that. The 33 gallon tank will also be appreciated over the old ones 26.

Will update after I return on Friday.

Willwork4truck

Reaction score
Appreciate it.

I see several posters from back in 2019 are still around, always nice to recognize a screen handle.
I did consider a 2024 Laramie or Ltd but cheap me got about $8-10K more off by going with a 2023. Since it's for her and she only averages 5-7K a year it didn't make sense to me to get the newest model. I don't think much if anything changed between the 2023 and 2024 model years. Now the 2025's will be a whole nother' deal...

The new truck replaces a 22' BMW X5 which did fit in the garage but frankly the ride isn't any better than my 2014 Ford Edge and BMW's are expensive to maintain. I wasn't comfortable having to go back to the dealer for everything and paying the premium for BMW techs and German parts. Even their factory warranties (extended) are very pricey, a premium one is $7500! Oh well, live and learn.

Till later peeps.

Willwork4truck

Reaction score
I totally forgot about the "Go to RAM website and build your truck and maybe get a $1000 discount code" way of reducing the price however time was against me and I never did that.

Does anyone know if RAM is still sending out the cheap oil change coupons that I got in 2019? If I remember correctly it was 3 for $99.

Willwork4truck

Reaction score
Oh and under the "Price Negotiated from MSRP" 882 page thread I posted about getting a Mopar Max Care extended warranty from Ziegler online, they had the best pricing.
Remember to use the discount code "PAYINFULL" as that saved me another $395.
The 7/75 with 100 ded came out to $1395.

I'm not employed by or receive anything from Ziegler. Just a cheap SOB.

Last edited:

firecadet613

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Congrats and welcome back!

I sold my 2019 Laramie a few years ago and bought a '19 Limited late last year. Really didn't drive my Laramie, and it didn't fit in the garage.

Now I never rarely drive the Limited, but it stays garaged and on the battery tender.

Great deal on that warranty! I just checked and the price of mine shot up $750ish in a year. I was tempted to go newer on my Limited but opted to stay away from the eTorque...

Willwork4truck

Reaction score
Congrats and welcome back!

I sold my 2019 Laramie a few years ago and bought a '19 Limited late last year. Really didn't drive my Laramie, and it didn't fit in the garage.

Now I never rarely drive the Limited, but it stays garaged and on the battery tender.

Great deal on that warranty! I just checked and the price of mine shot up $750ish in a year. I was tempted to go newer on my Limited but opted to stay away from the eTorque...
I didn't want the e-torque back in 19' but no option now. I definitely didn't want the 22's but dealer said no swap.

I'm going to measure the garage and see if I can angle it in about 30 degrees or so... Battery tender sounds like a plan, had to do that for her BMW. She drives like every 2 weeks...

Rock Crawler

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
If you live in a place like I do (HAILsville), and you are forced to park outside, might I recommend one of these. I used one for a few years and it works pretty well. It’s a bit of a learning curve to figure out which power source works best for you, but once you get it figured out, it does not take long to set up each time.

Willwork4truck

Reaction score
Thanks for the info, fortunately western S. Carolina doesn't get much in the way of severe weather or hail.
Now my daughter in OKC, uhh...

firecadet613

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I didn't want the e-torque back in 19' but no option now. I definitely didn't want the 22's but dealer said no swap.

I'm going to measure the garage and see if I can angle it in about 30 degrees or so... Battery tender sounds like a plan, had to do that for her BMW. She drives like every 2 weeks...
And that's why I didn't go new this round (eTorque), but with what I drive, it'll be a while until I need to replace it (or I get bored).

Do the battery tender ASAP, as you know these trucks are known to have battery issues.

Users who are viewing this thread