5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hesitation Issue

upwindstorm

Reaction score
Im having a very similar issue. Seems to happen after a cold start for me. I’ll creep out of my driveway and when I hit the gas it hesitates and feels bogged down, then it will randomly launch. Almost got into an accident twice because of it and when I took it to the dealership they couldn’t duplicate it and since there were no codes coming up they told me to come pick it up.
I just dropped it off at another dealership today to see if they can figure something out over the next few days.

midd yiu have any luck with finding anything out?
I have not noticed it for a while. however my truck had/has been in at least a half dozen times for some warranty stuff. nothing major just very inconvenient. and now that i think of it i may not have brought the issue to their attention. "out of sight out of mind" ADHD brain. so perhaps they updated something or something just needed to wear in? ? it just rolled over 50k the other day

HeavyRotation

Reaction score
Every dodge and ram product I've driven since the Toyota 'unintended acceleration' lawsuits has had a pedal delay. I think the first one i noticed it on was a 2012. It's super annoying but I just left foot brake and preload the gas pedal a little so there's no real off to on transition. This is a "safety" feature and no dealer is gonna "fix" it. Go drive a used 07 or something then get back in a newer one, it's super noticeable. I also basically roll every stop sign to avoid it. Some safety feature that is lol.

Ipack22

Reaction score
Im having a very similar issue. Seems to happen after a cold start for me. I’ll creep out of my driveway and when I hit the gas it hesitates and feels bogged down, then it will randomly launch. Almost got into an accident twice because of it and when I took it to the dealership they couldn’t duplicate it and since there were no codes coming up they told me to come pick it up.
I just dropped it off at another dealership today to see if they can figure something out over the next few days.

midd yiu have any luck with finding anything out?
Did you ever hear anything on this? I have the same issue.

Dewey

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Mine has done this since day one and I hate it. If I don’t ease into the gas it will hesitate. My Pedal Commander didn’t make any difference. I accelerate quicker with less pedal but the initial delay is still there. I will likely take it in soon since it hasn’t gotten any better after 6,000 miles.

Users who are viewing this thread