5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hemi exhaust note

MT755

Reaction score
There's been a lot of people on here complaining about missing the sound of the hemi. I wonder if the people in the Corvette are also complaining about the missing the v8 sound. I mean American v8 sound. (Cross plane v8). The new Vettes sound much different with the flat plane v8. Would Hemi fans here be ok with a flat plan v8 in their ram?

Dewey

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
There's been a lot of people on here complaining about missing the sound of the hemi. I wonder if the people in the Corvette are also complaining about the missing the v8 sound. I mean American v8 sound. (Cross plane v8). The new Vettes sound much different with the flat plane v8. Would Hemi fans here be ok with a flat plan v8 in their ram?
Any v8 sound is better than none.😉

SD Rebel

Reaction score

Yes, any V8 would be better in terms of sound quality, and flat planes sound great, like in the GT350. The Hurricane however sounds like a blender. I wished RAM/Stellantis actually embraced the Hurricane and do something cool with the sound, maybe adjustable blow-off valve or exhaust sound, something cool.

Embrace it with a cool marketing campaign, like a commercial having it towing a Nissan GTR or BMW M3 with a couple of teenagers on the next lane asking "does it got a straight six turbo?", then the guy in the truck say "yeah, oh did you mean the GTR, that has one too!" Those of you who remember the original 2nd gen Hemi commercials will get that reference.

The specs are there, just not the sense of occasion or drama the sound of a V8 brings to the table, at least with a regular 1500 truck. The Raptor or RHO at least have Baja style body and suspension to make things interesting with the six banger turbos that make up for the V8. I would love either of those trucks, but I wouldn't see myself in a Rebel Hurricane. Maybe a plug-in hybrid option with the Hurricane, that would be interesting to me as well.

Last edited:

silver billet

Reaction score

The hemi doesn't sound the same as the 5.3, 6.2, 5.0, or even the Japanese 5.6/5.7s. They all have their own unique sound which part of it is the exhaust, and they all sound great in their own way. And if I'm being honest, that 6.4 SRT sounds absolutely glorious, I was walking behind a Jeep in the parking lot and it was just idling around. Was 20 feet down the parking lot before I realized I was drooling.

The 6 and 4 cylinders should just sit down and be quiet, their strong point is being "refined" and "family friendly", I don't want to hear wet biological gasses expelled in the confines of a small, reverberant, tin can.

And fake noises is like fake ... umm ... lets not go there.

Users who are viewing this thread