5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hemi e-Torque under investigation for stalling

Snekpete

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I've got news for them, the non-hemi Jeeps do it too. I was driving a 2024 1.8 liter Jeep Wrangler electric plug-in hybrid that did it when pulling up to a stop sign, although the engine kept running and further, the vehicle was fully capable of running solely on the electric motor. As I recall, I got the shift to P and then Drive error on the console. I believe that this problem is more related to the software, not the engine. That said, the electronic fly by wire throttle body does play a role, at least on the hemis, I'd be curious to find out if the same type of throttle body is on the other engines.

There is a software algorithm in these vehicles that intentionally puts the vehicle in park and applies the parking brake under certain conditions. The parking brake is only applied in this scenario if the Auto Park Brake feature is enabled in the Uconnect settings. There is, in my opinion, a software bug in this algorithm that is triggered and puts the vehicle in Park when it shouldn't.

Users who are viewing this thread