5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hemi E-torque charging voltage change

boogielander

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
So by now forum should already know e-torque system fluctuates its charging voltage. It goes from high 13 to 14v after starting and gradually drop down to mid to high 12v when the system thinks the battery is fully charged.

Now, I was sponsored by a LiFEPO4 battery company in my old rig and I ran their battery to start the rig and power all of my accessories (BD camping lights, fridge, etc) whole night without draining battery. I could also go 2 full days running the fridge on that LiFEPO4. I paired it with a 100w solar panel and basically I had free electricity to run the fridge 24/7/365. My plan was to apply the same logic on my Rebel, but the e-torque system shattered the plan. You see, in order to keep the LiFEPO4 happy, it needs constant 14v when the engine is running. If the input is lower than 14v then it wouldn't be charged.

So, my question is, is there anyway to change the charging output voltage on e-torque system? I have alfa-obd and I'm not sure if it can be done with that. I was told on older trucks without e-torque there are settings in the PCM to alter the charging voltage.

I would leave it alone, particularly if you place any value on maintaining the 8/85 warranty on the etorque system.
my other option is to do a dual battery system but that's one thing I'm trying not to do lol

Just curious what happens if you do not maintain that 14vdc?

Just curious what happens if you do not maintain that 14vdc?
the battery management system would probably think it's not being charged and cause problems.

edit: the BMS is fully charged at 14.6v. If not maintained at 14v the BMS would not allow charges to flow in and the battery would not be charged.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back