5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Helper for air ride

raminuk

Reaction score
Hi. I know that when this gets going it will be all about I should not have the load in the truck. And it’s not safe. And top heaven and warranty along with damage and get a bigger truck. I have exhausted all options in the UK and am left with 2 choices

drive with the air suspension saying locked in normal height

or

find a helper strut/ bag that can take 200lbs of load off my air suspension

I am looking at the latter. Something like a monroe maxair or load adjusting shock.

basically something that when I have the load in the back it will ease the work on the airride. Am not looking for anything automatic. When the load is in I can adjust the air/spring and drive without limited to normal. Areo is what I am looking for.

maybe air springs in place of the bump stop running at low psi?

in the uk Rams are rated to carry 1000kg and a max truck weight of 3500kg

I am looking to carry 750kg in the bed for 6weeks of the year max

it’s a 2019/20 ram dt 1500 crew with factory air.

thanks for your help all

Bt10

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Impressive numbers for a 1500! For reference, I've hauled 3500lbs about 7 times, and 2500lbs about 100 times in my '04 GMC 1500, all with just sumosprings bumpstops. I am not sure if Air Lift is compatible with air ride, but any of the bumpstop solutions will work well for you. You will have to accept some squat to get into the new bumpstops, which some people do not understand. It is fine to squat some to ride on those. I would still choose the softest sumospring bumpstop. Air shocks or coil over load helper shocks may be available, but who knows if the ride quality will be as good as factory. Good luck in your search!

IvoryHemi

Ram Guru
Reaction score
When the load is in I can adjust the air/spring and drive without limited to normal. Areo is what I am looking for.
why not just load the bed while in Aero mode? Then you can drive in Aero

raminuk

Reaction score
Its a tricky one, as the load is not forced to be loaded at a rate that the air suspension can adjust, so if i am in aero and need to add a slide in camper i still need the air suspension to work

was thinking that a air spring may be the answer but not sure what the best solution is, wish i had springs and no air ride at all, so then i could add some bags or sumo springs.

did see that dux campers weigh in at 500kg, so that may be a solution?

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/

Staff online

Members online