5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Helper airbag system in addition to factory rear air level on 2020 2500

Motohead279

Reaction score
My truck has the factory air level suspensioMy truck has the factory air level kit from the factory and I’m looking to add additional airbags for more support. i’ve read that the factory bags will give an overload message and shut down if overloaded. Since the 2500 is basically a 3500 with weaker rear suspension, has anyone added aftermarket airbags like a firestone kit to work in conjunction with the factory rear level system?

For example If I am towing fifth fifth wheel, Setting the fire stone kit to a certain psi for more support and using the factory system to level the truck where it won’t show it’s overloaded.

or do I end up removing the factory bags/coils and putting in a separate Klosterman system and losing all of the factory functions.

I don’t want this to be a “you can’t increase your payload capacity and you shouldn’t be towing over your GVWR” thread just looking for a solution if I have to tow A little bit over payload once every other month.

Last edited:

Fuzedfab

Reaction score
Howdy Motohead. I have the same questions swirling around in my head and stumbled on this post. I noticed there wasn't comments, but I wanted to check and see if you explored this further on your own?

Willwork4truck

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Maybe post in the hd forum. Only 1 mod with a 2500 says much about them on here...

Users who are viewing this thread