5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Help with 2019 ram uconnect and andriod please.

Mojofingers

Reaction score
Good afternoon folks,
I just got a new 2019 ram classic black out with the 8.4 uconnect.
It is updated according to my vin number and the website. I have updated my S10 to android 9 and android auto is up to date.

My issue is that apple phones will connect to uconnect but not my S10 or my wife's galaxy 8.
All I get is a msg on my phone asking permission for data transfer and when I click yes it kicks over to the radio and my phone will start to charge then disconnect and repeatedly do that.

I have tried fixes like deleting android auto and google play service caching and data.
I have tried a fix going into bluetooth after I plug in my phone and then pairing and then phone mirroring and nothing happens.

Thank you very much for your time everyone!!
Shawn N

Here are some photos of my dealer view system specs

Attachments

• 20200128_220151.jpg
    20200128_220151.jpg
    115.8 KB · Views: 31
  • 20200128_220144.jpg
    20200128_220144.jpg
    118.7 KB · Views: 30

Reverse

Reaction score
well, this forum is for 5th gen Rams, and it looks like you have a 4th gen? Anyway, I had a similar problem on my 5th gen.

My Android auto worked fine at first, then started acting up and not connecting. I solved it by uninstalling Android Auto from the phone, and also removing phone completely from UConnect (bluetooth, mirroring etc.)

Others have found that the cable you use for the connection can be the cause of problems, so maybe try a different, good quality one and see if that works better.

Mojofingers

Reaction score
Thank you for trying sir. And letting me know I'm in the wrong spot.

Gave it a try and no go. I'm using the factory cable and a high quality aftermarket with my tests. Deleted android auto and the system is memory of my phone.

The cords I'm using have been used for 2 other rams and a ford 150. They all work just fine.

Thanks again for trying!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/

Staff online

Members online