5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Help With 2018 and 2019 Rebel Dimensions

jlaner0408

Reaction score
Hey guys- new here and have been doing some research on a new (to me) truck. I’m coming from a 2019 Ford Ranger so I have to be careful with the size of whatever I get so it fits in my garage.

My main question is how wide are the 2018 versus 2019 rebels? I can only seem to find the widths of them (79.4” versus 82.1” respectively) without taking any mirrors, folded or not, into account.
I’m definitely going to get a used one so I’m open to both generations, but I need to have power folding standard mirrors to fit it into my garage beside my wife’s vehicle.

Has anyone gotten an actual measurement of these with a tape? Thanks for any help in advance!

dts828

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Just checked 5th gen, mirrors folded in is 83" (give or take an inch, hard to get exact by your self), folded out is 97".

Sent from my GM1917 using Tapatalk

jlaner0408

Reaction score
Just checked 5th gen, mirrors folded in is 83" (give or take an inch, hard to get exact by your self), folded out is 97".

Awesome- thanks a lot! That’s pretty interesting considering that the claimed width of the 5th gen is 82.1”. I wonder if the body is just wider towards the ground?

dts828

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Awesome- thanks a lot! That’s pretty interesting considering that the claimed width of the 5th gen is 82.1”. I wonder if the body is just wider towards the ground?
I wonder if they are taken the mirrors or door handles into account.

jlaner0408

Reaction score
That could be the case too. Everything I’ve found just states it’s the overall width where other manufacturers like Ford will give body width, width with mirrors folded, and width with mirrors out. That would be great if that’s the folded width though

Users who are viewing this thread