5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

HELP PLZ WITH 6 IN LIFT

Jacobp87

Reaction score
Pic for attention- I recently installed a 6 inch RC lift kit, (plz keep the rough country hate to a minimum) and everything has been fine just a small anNoying issue some of you may be able to help me with, my gas pedal has constant feedback from the motor almost feels like an exhaust leak, rest of truck is smooth, steering wheel doesn’t do it, has no shakes or shimmy’s on the highway, just constant feedback from the gas pedal, I’m kind of at a loss here, I’ve confirmed my driveshaft is at correct geometry, it is possible that something wasn’t torqued down all the way during install but I didn’t install it myself so I don’t know, just curious where you guys think I should start as far as tightening bolts and checking for play? I’ve already went over the driveshaft and most of the front end, going to go through and tighten all the exhaust clamps and hangers tomorrow, anything else I should check? 0BC5BC55-5497-4504-8FB8-D2FC89F9F74D.jpeg

lapoolboy

Reaction score
Wheel balance maybe? What brand tire?

P.S. No disrespect intended man, but maybe you can enlighten me as to why so many people (you included) run tires that are too marrow for their chosen wheels? Is this a fad I'm unaware of?

Jacobp87

Reaction score
Wheel balance maybe? What brand tire?

P.S. No disrespect intended man, but maybe you can enlighten me as to why so many people (you included) run tires that are too marrow for their chosen wheels? Is this a fad I'm unaware of?
My tires are literally 12.5 wide on 12 wide wheels…. Not sure what you’re referring too. Maybe it’s the tire shine making the sidewalk pop? And the tires and everything are fine that’s not the issue it’s mechanical loose bolt somewhere trying to get ideas where to check

djevox

VP of Creative Thinking
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Nvh can be extremely hard to track down. Whenever I do something like that, I start by thoroughly checking everything related to the suspension changes, then use a chassis ear to find loud spots. Other than that, you could call Rough Country and explain the situation. They are very responsive. One thing though, make sure you have whatever measurements and a list of everything you checked- the more informed they think you are, the more in-depth their response will be.

lapoolboy

Reaction score
My tires are literally 12.5 wide on 12 wide wheels…. Not sure what you’re referring too. Maybe it’s the tire shine making the sidewalk pop? And the tires and everything are fine that’s not the issue it’s mechanical loose bolt somewhere trying to get ideas where to check
Interesting. The shoulders of your tires appear to roll in giving the illusion they are too narrow for your wheels. I'm not sure it's the tire shine doing this? It looks like you could even have some sidewall contact with the road in some cornering situations.

Regarding the shakes and rattles with the lift, take the truck back to the folks who installed it and tell them to fix it.

Users who are viewing this thread