5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Help. Hooked up dashcam, now features are missing

Jonz

Reaction score
I have a 2019 1500 new body style. I found a good deal on a dashcam with hardwire kit. It had alot of really good ratings. I hooked everything up and the dashcam works perfectly fine. But for some reason now some features on the truck are just gone. Not the icons are there and just don't work, but like the truck never came equipped with them at all. I haven't gone over every little thing but the ones I know of are the backup camera, passenger heat/ac, the mirror dimmer just to name a few. I unhooked the dashcam and they are all still gone. I tried doing a default reset in the uconnect system but no luck. I used the f03 fuse (passenger seat heater module) for the accessory on/off, and the f33 fuse (overhead console, 911 switch, assist switch, heads up display) for the constant power. After I unhooked the hard wire kit I re plugged in the normal fuses and tested them. The fuses are still working fine but still the features are not back. Anyone know what is happening and where to go from here?

vincentw56

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Did you disconnect the battery or anything? You probably disconnected a fuse that reset everything. You need to give it about 6 hours for everything to come back. This is a very known thing on here and it comes up every once in awhile.

Jonz

Reaction score
Did you disconnect the battery or anything? You probably disconnected a fuse that reset everything. You need to give it about 6 hours for everything to come back. This is a very known thing on here and it comes up every once in awhile.
At first I didn't, but that was just to use the little circuit tester to see what fuses were constant vs what's on/off. Once I made that determination I did unplug the battery negitive terminal to actually hook up and because I was removing the driver side trim piece with the side airbag and didn't want it to blow up in my face. Then once I had everything hooked up and wires routed in a manner that wouldn't affect the airbag I re hooked up the battery.

OCD Solutions

Reaction score
Glad to hear, and thanks for coming back and posting the update.

vincentw56

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Ok. So waiting over night did the trick. Everything came back and I even have the dashcam working aswell. So all is good.
This is the big thing with modern vehicles. Instead of having one computer that controls them all, it is a network of systems. So, it takes a while for the BCM to communicate with all of them and add them back in.

Gagsy

Reaction score
Good day Jon’s,
If you don’t mind, which fuses did to tie into?

MannyN

Ram Guru
Reaction score
He stated this in his post.
" I used the f03 fuse (passenger seat heater module) for the accessory on/off, and the f33 fuse (overhead console, 911 switch, assist switch, heads up display) for the constant power".

Gagsy

Reaction score
Thank MannyN,
I believe that the 2020 ram bighorn has the same fuse board.
much appreciated.🤛

Users who are viewing this thread