5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Help! Haven't bought a new truck since 05

paulmtalleyjr

Reaction score
I'm looking to go into the dealership next week and negotiate pricing. I'm wanting a Big Horn w/ a Rambox so I'm pretty sure I'm gonna have to order one.

What I need help on is pricing and rebates and what to expect. I want to get a good deal but prefer to shop locally(South East GA, North East FL) if possible.

Mike67

Reaction score
What i did was:
Go to the thread https://5thgenrams.com/community/threads/price-negotiated-from-msrp.274/unread
Find one of the volume dealers listed from kjram (member name), yeah there is 50 pages to work through it, the info you are looking for is in the 30 to 40 page range i think.

Rebates you can look at the ram website for some of them, under shopping tools, then incentives, otherwise edmunds lists a bunch.
Generally you can get around 5 to 7% off invoice but there is usually a doc fee from the volume dealers.
I got 6% under invoice with a 200 doc fee.

Invoice is around 91% of msrp. Thecarconnections.com allows you to build a truck and see invoice. Other sites do as well.

Get a quote from them on what you are looking for, then take that to local dealer to negotiate.

If you email fca an inquiry for a brochure, they usually send you a $500 coupon.

paulmtalleyjr

Reaction score
What i did was:
Go to the thread https://5thgenrams.com/community/threads/price-negotiated-from-msrp.274/unread
Find one of the volume dealers listed from kjram (member name), yeah there is 50 pages to work through it, the info you are looking for is in the 30 to 40 page range i think.

Rebates you can look at the ram website for some of them, under shopping tools, then incentives, otherwise edmunds lists a bunch.
Generally you can get around 5 to 7% off invoice but there is usually a doc fee from the volume dealers.
I got 6% under invoice with a 200 doc fee.

Invoice is around 91% of msrp. Thecarconnections.com allows you to build a truck and see invoice. Other sites do as well.

Get a quote from them on what you are looking for, then take that to local dealer to negotiate.

If you email fca an inquiry for a brochure, they usually send you a $500 coupon.

Thanks for your help!! I'm gonna send Craig an email. I just read all 53 pages lol. I wanted to ask you just to make sure I'm understanding everything correctly.

If I go into a store and want a $50k Big Horn I should expect the invoice price to be around $45.5 and then the bottom line discount from there is typically 7% so $42.2 and then any rebates on top of that?

Mike67

Reaction score
Thanks for your help!! I'm gonna send Craig an email. I just read all 53 pages lol. I wanted to ask you just to make sure I'm understanding everything correctly.

If I go into a store and want a $50k Big Horn I should expect the invoice price to be around $45.5 and then the bottom line discount from there is typically 7% so $42.2 and then any rebates on top of that?
Yes, though Koons charges a $699 doc fee, so you are losing a bit more that 1% from that, however yeah, you get the rebates on top of that.
Also look around for other rebates like USAA or Sam's.
There is also Penfed and a few others.
Look at the edmunds.com site for the incentives

Users who are viewing this thread