5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

HELP - Front Camera Not Activating When Parking

RV-Nomad

Reaction score
Hey everyone, I am looking for some help and I have searched everywhere (Google, Mopar, OM and this forum) I could think of and cant find an answer.

Can anyone tell me if when I am parking and pulling into a space, is the front camera supposed to automatically come on? My sonar is lighting up on the gauge cluster and I hear the audible, but no video on the display. If I go into the settings, I can manually make the front camera show up so I know the camera is working.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Edwards

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Hey everyone, I am looking for some help and I have searched everywhere (Google, Mopar, OM and this forum) I could think of and cant find an answer.

Can anyone tell me if when I am parking and pulling into a space, is the front camera supposed to automatically come on? My sonar is lighting up on the gauge cluster and I hear the audible, but no video on the display. If I go into the settings, I can manually make the front camera show up so I know the camera is working.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

No, it doesn't and isn't supposed to. What some of us do (I've got the 12") is to drag the camera app to the left-most icon position. Then it's a short reach when pulling in, or even better, when cresting a hill you can't see over. Just tap that icon get all the visibility you'll ever need.

RV-Nomad

Reaction score
No, it doesn't and isn't supposed to. What some of us do (I've got the 12") is to drag the camera app to the left-most icon position. Then it's a short reach when pulling in, or even better, when cresting a hill you can't see over. Just tap that icon get all the visibility you'll ever need.
Thanks

Ortiz7983

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I don’t need the birds eye camera but I really wanted the front camera. I wonder if it’s possible to install and have it set up on my 12.1 screen?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

grinch72

Reaction score
It really would have been a nice feature to have the front camera engage when the front sonar indicator comes on. Maybe next year :)!
Easily done with a software update. We can keep our fingers crossed.

greggsmith21

Reaction score
I have the same interest. Would be nice for them to do that and to give more screen space to the cameras. My BMW X5 does this and makes it really nice when parking into a spot that was hard to make your approach so that you can tell how well you are parked inside the lines and how close you are to a wall in a parking garage.

Brandon_Vickers

Reaction score

Do you get more than just the review? I only seem to get the review view when I tap the button on the screen. I only get the side and front view when i am backing up. Which is silly. What good is the front view when backing up but does not pop up when parking...

Edwards

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Do you get more than just the review? I only seem to get the review view when I tap the button on the screen. I only get the side and front view when i am backing up. Which is silly. What good is the front view when backing up but does not pop up when parking...

Two different apps. One is rear view and the other is 360 plus camera for whichever gear you are in. That's what I use.

Brandon_Vickers

Reaction score
Two different apps. One is rear view and the other is 360 plus camera for whichever gear you are in. That's what I use.

Darn auto-correct. rear view not review.

i am not sure of what the second app is or what is dependent on what gear I am in. What other app did you mean?

But I did go back out and see where i can bring up the "controls" menu and select the surround view when I am in Drive.

Edwards

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Darn auto-correct. rear view not review.

i am not sure of what the second app is or what is dependent on what gear I am in. What other app did you mean?

But I did go back out and see where i can bring up the "controls" menu and select the surround view when I am in Drive.

If you tap on the "apps" icon to see all of your choices (this is also where you'd drag and drop the icons down to your bottom "home" row) you'll see there are two different icons. One is rear view only for hooking up a trailer and the other is the surround view app. That second one is what we use because it will show the front camera when in D and the rear camera when in R. It also shows the 360 camera to the let side.

Edwards

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I've been searching online and can't find any pictures of the two apps so I'll need to take a picture of my screen to show you what it looks like.

LimitedRamjake

Reaction score
I’m a new member but we just purchased a 2021 limited eco diesel and the camera does come on when we park or the front sensors are activated I would like to know if we can turn on when the turn signals are activated

Socal Stefan

Reaction score
does not the Alfa OBD not be used to enable the fwd cam automatically at low speed when parking?

Users who are viewing this thread