5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

HELP! 2023 Limited vs. loaded Laramie

bamb379

Reaction score
I'm open to any and all thoughts on my dilemma. I'm in New York and a dealer nearby has a loaded 2023 Laramie. A BMW dealership in Massachusetts not too far from me has a very nice 2023 Limited. I've heard there may be some unwanted issues buying out of state and from a non-Ram dealership, any insights on that are also appreciated.

They're very similar in looks, but I know they have their differences. I've attached the original window stickers of each and a link to each below. Help me make up my indecisive mind!

Limited: Pre-Owned 2023 Ram 1500 For Sale at BMW of West Springfield | VIN: 1C6SRFHT4PN576257
Laramie: 2023 RAM 1500 Laramie in Warrensburg, NY | Glens Falls RAM 1500 | Krystal Chrysler Dodge Jeep Ram FIAT

Attachments

• Limited RAM.pdf
    96.4 KB · Views: 23
  • Laramie RAM.pdf
    96.5 KB · Views: 25

akaTheDude

Reaction score
Hard to say whats important to you tbh. I love the sunroof and the MFTG on my truck . They both have the upgraded sound system, RAMBOXES(a must imo), air ride, auto running boards etc. Laramie would be my pick...I had no idea u could get a Laramine that loaded and it not be a Limited

akaTheDude

Reaction score
Oh and that upgraded sound system is wild...soooo much better than my 2022 F150 B&O upgraded system. The B&O is complete trash compared to this system.

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score
Definitely a well-equipped Laramie. But having owned both I would still go with a Limited. Just not the one you listed. I'd find one that has the level 1 equipment group and MFT. The headlights are much better on the Limited, and I do a lot of night time driving on rural roads, with lots of critters. And the interior experience for me is more up scale in a Limited.

dajogejr

Reaction score
tough…
I would normally say…Limited everytime. But, if the two you listed are the only ones in your price ranges, and I had to pick between the two, the Laramie is more loaded.
What you’d be missing is a nicer, Napa leather interior trim and seats, LED headlights….that’s about it.
The Laramie has pano roof, 3.92 rear end (if you tow, great. If not, 3.21 is a fuel saver). Has Ram Box, heads up display…33 gallon tank..

Neither has the MFT, which… would be a must for me on another truck now that I have it.
The LED headlights sure are nice.

This is really a tough call. If I were forced to decide between these two and ONLY these two… as much as I love the Limited, I’d take the Laramie.

BlueHemi1500

Reaction score
I would choose the Laramie over the Limited. The Laramie has more useable functions than the Limted. If you have the money you will find the options on the Larime more functional. I have a Laramie that is not that fancy and I love my truck.
Good luck with your decision-making.

BlueHemi

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score
tough…
I would normally say…Limited everytime. But, if the two you listed are the only ones in your price ranges, and I had to pick between the two, the Laramie is more loaded.
What you’d be missing is a nicer, Napa leather interior trim and seats, LED headlights….that’s about it.
The Laramie has pano roof, 3.92 rear end (if you tow, great. If not, 3.21 is a fuel saver). Has Ram Box, heads up display…33 gallon tank..

Neither has the MFT, which… would be a must for me on another truck now that I have it.
The LED headlights sure are nice.

This is really a tough call. If I were forced to decide between these two and ONLY these two… as much as I love the Limited, I’d take the Laramie.
Look again, the Laramie has the MFT.

NightRam2020

Reaction score
I picked up my 2020 Ram 1500 Laramie Level 2 over a Limited level 1 because it has more features. Attached is my window sheet.

Attachments

• IMG_8862.png
    IMG_8862.png
    228.2 KB · Views: 22

dajogejr

Reaction score
Look again, the Laramie has the MFT.
Yep, good call…totally missed it due to ALL the other stuff that Laramie had on it. :)
Again, I’m very impressed with all the stuff that Laramie is loaded up with.

At that point, it’s LED Headlights and a little nicer interior trim/leather.

mplaramie

Reaction score
I actually saw this listing (I’m in the Saratoga area). What made you trade in so quickly for the ‘24?
Color. I bought the 23 early and they only had Black or White Night Editions.

Malodave

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I ordered a Laramie then Optioned it up with everything I wanted and could get.
Did not get the Sunroof, MFTG, Ramboxes , or Heads Up Display.
If I could have got an 8' bed and 50 Gal Fuel Tank, I would have done it.

That Laramie has $5700 worth of options mine Didn't and I got the Ecodiesel Engine Option too.
My MSRP was $71,155 for the 2021. See signature for more info.

Malodave

2021RAMLaramie-LEER-122_1.jpg

ETA If you get the Advanced Safety Group in either, There is a Comma3 from Comma.ai that can make it drive similar to a Tesla.
This is still a work in Progress to get all the Functionality, I have close to 30K Miles with it Driving my Truck.

Last edited:

Cbty2050

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Hard to say whats important to you tbh. I love the sunroof and the MFTG on my truck . They both have the upgraded sound system, RAMBOXES(a must imo), air ride, auto running boards etc. Laramie would be my pick...I had no idea u could get a Laramine that loaded and it not be a Limited
I almost pulled the trigger on a 2022 Laramie all those options less the MFT with a 3.0 ecodiesel 15k miles. $44k asking price. Sold by the time I was able to get there and look at it.

Users who are viewing this thread