5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

HELP! 2020 LED Headlights not working

Frac_Dad87

Reaction score
What’s up guys, I searched and scoured to find anything on my issue but haven’t found anything helpful.

Recently my passenger front turn signal stopped working. And then a day later my driver did as well. While investigating I realized that none of the lights in the housings were working. I’m getting no lo/high beam, led drls, or turn signals or marker lights. I know worst case both headlights assemblies need to be replaced.

I feel like I’m not getting power to them at all. I know there’s not any fuses for them since they are the LEDs. But is there a power source or anything that I can check to confirm I am or am not getting power to them?

Service shops are scheduled out till July and I need working headlights before then.

Thanks for the help and knowledge in advance.

kapinallinen2

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
What’s up guys, I searched and scoured to find anything on my issue but haven’t found anything helpful.

Recently my passenger front turn signal stopped working. And then a day later my driver did as well. While investigating I realized that none of the lights in the housings were working. I’m getting no lo/high beam, led drls, or turn signals or marker lights. I know worst case both headlights assemblies need to be replaced.

I feel like I’m not getting power to them at all. I know there’s not any fuses for them since they are the LEDs. But is there a power source or anything that I can check to confirm I am or am not getting power to them?

Service shops are scheduled out till July and I need working headlights before then.

Highly unlikely that both headlight assemblies would fail at the same time.
Bad wiring/ground connection or BCM going south on you would be my guess.
"Alldata DIY" is your friend if you decide to troubleshoot it your self.

Frac_Dad87

Reaction score
Highly unlikely that both headlight assemblies would fail at the same time.
Bad wiring/ground connection or BCM going south on you would be my guess.
"Alldata DIY" is your friend if you decide to troubleshoot it your self.
Hell yea, thank you for the info. I will check out Alldata DIY

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score

Being LED doesn't mean there aren't fuses.

Frac_Dad87

Reaction score
Keep us updated to what you find.
Well I took one of the headlights off to test connections. But I’m not sure what I should be reading from the plugs on my multi meter(any help here would be a good send).

But the cause major discovery was water in my housings. Not just condensation but a solid amount of water. So now I’m trying to drain that out. Not sure if it’s best to try and bake them and pull them apart. Or if I should just buy a heat gun on a low setting where the LED module/ballast is connected.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Well I took one of the headlights off to test connections. But I’m not sure what I should be reading from the plugs on my multi meter(any help here would be a good send).

But the cause major discovery was water in my housings. Not just condensation but a solid amount of water. So now I’m trying to drain that out. Not sure if it’s best to try and bake them and pull them apart. Or if I should just buy a heat gun on a low setting where the LED module/ballast is connected.
Newer headlights can't easily be baked and pulled apart. They have to pretty much be cut open. Remove any plugs and connectors you can and lay them in the sunz or low temp oven to try and bake out condensation

Frac_Dad87

Reaction score
Newer headlights can't easily be baked and pulled apart. They have to pretty much be cut open. Remove any plugs and connectors you can and lay them in the sunz or low temp oven to try and bake out condensation

I thought that might’ve been the case. Well as for now I’ve got both headlights out. I drained what water I could. Pulled everything off that would, and have everything sitting in the sun…thankfully it’s 90+ today. Used the air compressor to blow out all connections and fittings. I think I might pick up a can of connection cleaner for when I put it all back together.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kapinallinen2

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I thought that might’ve been the case. Well as for now I’ve got both headlights out. I drained what water I could. Pulled everything off that would, and have everything sitting in the sun…thankfully it’s 90+ today. Used the air compressor to blow out all connections and fittings. I think I might pick up a can of connection cleaner for when I put it all back together.

How in the hell did both of them fail like that?
I wish you luck, sounds like they are hosed tho.

Frac_Dad87

Reaction score
How in the hell did both of them fail like that?
I wish you luck, sounds like they are hosed tho.

Yea we’ll see, but more than likely I’ll be ordering a pair of Vlands to replace them. Maybe try and take the oem apart later and seeing about rebuilding.

Thank you all for your help. I do appreciate it!

Users who are viewing this thread