5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hellwig Sway bar problem.

NYKBOB

Reaction score
I just received my Hellwig 7709 Rear Adjustable Sway Bar for my 2020 RAM 1500 which I order on Amazon on March 19, 2021. Today, I was just beginning my install and applying the grease when I noticed that the D-shaped poly bushings had different diameter openings. I also noticed that the 7709 is not larger on one side, therefore I assume one of these two D-shaped poly bushings is wrong. The diameter of one seems to be one inch, while the other is either one and a quarter or one and a half.
The main box and the parts box looked original and unopened, so I assume this error was before the box was shipped.
Questions: Which size if the correct one? (I assume the one inch one) How do I get a replacement for the incorrect size one?
IMG_2386.JPG
IMG_2387.JPG

UnloosedChewtoy

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I would reach out to Hellwig, provide them proof of purchase (receipt), and ask them to send you new ones (and possibly send yours back). Thats definitely weird. I would hope they'd allow you to just trade in or receive new bushings, and not send the whole kit back. Definitely give them a call.

NYKBOB

Reaction score
After a lot more research online I discovered that the Hellwig bar is .87 inches in diameter, which is just about 22mm. This is larger than the stock sway bar which rules out using the stock bushings. However, I was able to locate some upgraded 22mm bushings on Amazon that I can have in 2 days (Monday). I tried to call Hellwig but got a recording that said they are not open till Monday. I submitted a request, but I doubt I’ll hear back via email for a couple of days. So I’ll continue to pursue Hellwig for a replacement bushing, but in the mean time I’ll install the new ones I just bought from Amazon.

Users who are viewing this thread