5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hello

Rickmyers

Reaction score
First, thank you for letting me join. Currently I drive a 2019 1500 Laramie extended cab that is more comfortable than my wife's 21 Chrysler 300. 5.7 auto. 3.06 gears and 114500 trouble free miles. That id until today. I press the engine start on the fob to get the AC going to drive out some of this west Texas heat but nothing happened. tried to lock and unlock the doors, nope nothing. So I went out and press the start button, still nothing. I figured it was the battery in the fob, changed it (making sure I had the battery in correctly, it was) still nothing. Tried the other fob same thing, no results. Checked the battery in the truck (only 8 months old) put a multi meter on it, 12.4 volts. Lights work interior and head and tail lights. It appears that the ignition switch is dead, so I think it's a fuse. However I can't figure out which one. Can anyone help with another suggestion or which fuse or relay it might be.

Rlaf75

Takes potshots
Reaction score
The battery may have the voltage but it also needs amperage to function properly so a voltmeter isn't technically a battery test. The starters are also a fairly common problem too. Welcome to the forum by the way

Jako

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
FY Fuse info.
Members have had issues with the RF Hub getting wet with rear windows leaking. Have you placed the FOB against the ignition switch?

Attachments

• Ram Fuse labeled picyure yFjLP9M.jpg
    Ram Fuse labeled picyure yFjLP9M.jpg
    202.3 KB · Views: 6
  • Ram fuses PDC Layout.pdf
    288.5 KB · Views: 4
  • Ram Fuse_Info.pdf
    315 KB · Views: 2
  • Ram FUSES 04 - Vehicle Quick Reference_Fuse - Relay Locations and Types_Specifications SPECIF...pdf
    96.8 KB · Views: 2

Rickmyers

Reaction score
FY Fuse info.
Members have had issues with the RF Hub getting wet with rear windows leaking. Have you placed the FOB against the ignition switch?
Thank you for the response. Yes I tried both fobs remotley and in contact with the button, new batteries in fobs. It's as if the ignition switch has been disconnected.

Rickmyers

Reaction score
The battery may have the voltage but it also needs amperage to function properly so a voltmeter isn't technically a battery test. The starters are also a fairly common problem too. Welcome to the forum by the way
Thanks for your response. I used a battery tester also and it showed a good battery

Rickmyers

Reaction score
FY Fuse info.
My rear window has leaked, so this sounds like the most probable cause. Thank you

Rickmyers

Reaction score
Somewhere behind the back seats, I think middle.
Not sure on the exact spot, but do you have water getting into the rear window? Is the rear fabric wet? if not, then wouldn't be the problem.
Yeah the window leaks. THis sounds like the most probable cause. Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/