5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hello from the Great Sovereign State of Arkansas!

HandyCruiser

Reaction score
I guess I should introduce myself.

I grew up working in a shop and worked in shops and parts stores during college. Now I tinker for fun. It should be noted that while I am an ASE Certified Master Automotive Tech and an excellent lover, I primarily work as a Process Safety Engineer at my full time day job among other things (mainly environmental consulting) I do as a side business. I haven't worked as a professional mechanic since I was a young strapping lad with long flowing hair before college. And even then, I mainly worked on big trucks and heavy equipment. Nowadays, I enjoy working on cars for fun and relaxation more than driving them. And I help others when I can. Beyond this, I am a church orchestra leader, write and arrange music, and I play saxophone plus a few other instruments.

On July 3, 2021, I bought my wife a 2021 Ram 1500 Laramie to be her everyday driver and to be our main vehicle we drive when together. I always plan to have one new vehicle with a loan payment. All my other vehicles are paid for. The Laramie is loaded with features including a panoramic roof. I have already added, factory chrome side moldings, a BAKFlip F1 hard tonneau cover, BedMat carpet mat for the bed, and a number of other smaller items.

Carla2021Ram08.jpg

This is the 2019 Dodge Charger Scat Pack I just traded for the Laramie. I am going to miss this car, but my sweetie got truck fever, so it was time to trade.

2019 Scat Pack_05.jpg

Other vehicles include:

My daily driver. It's a 2006 Dodge Charger Daytona with about 245,000 miles on it. It makes a 110-mile daily commute. And a fun commute it is.

Daytona12Oct2020.jpg

My heavily modified 2007 PT Cruiser turbo convertible. She makes 15 pounds of boost and will hurt you if not careful. But she's great for afternoon drives with my sweetie.

PTVert3Feb2019_01.jpg

My 2003 Dodge Ram SLT Quadcab. I bought this new at Fletcher Dodge in North Little Rock in November 2002. It has over 250,000 miles on it. I "transplanted" a factory SiriusXM receiver into it that has a lifetime subscription. So I'm good for the long haul.

QuadCab16July2021_02.jpg

Not pictured is a 1984 Chevy C10 1-ton with SIMCO 2400 Geotechnical drilling machine, and several other old trucks as well. There is no shortage of vehicles at my house.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread